PDA

View Full Version : Pope Gregory - Pope for President - Breaks

TeknoSounds
09-23-2004, 10:17 PM
Pope Gregory - Pope for President
Right click here and save as... (http://teknosounds.com/mixes/pope/popeforpresident.mp3)

http://img7.exs.cx/img7/9761/CDCover1.jpg

Tracklisting:
1) ATFC - Shots from the Hip - STH

2) JDS - Blackout - TCR Recordings

3) Unknown - Jack's Groove - White

4) X-Men vs. Busta Rhymes - Checking it Out - White

5) Unknown vs. Beastie Boys - Fight for Your Right - White

6) Loco - Eighty Ten - Global Harmony

7) DJ Icey & DJ Stew - Burning Up - Zone Recordings

Prodigy Vs Ed Solo - Outtaspace (Booty Space MIX) - Cut & Run Records

9) Freestylers - Punks - Against the Grain Recordings

10) Deep Impact - Methods (Deep Impact Remix) - Supercharged Recordings

11) The Breakfastaz - System Overload - Cyberfunk Recordings

12) Ferry Corsten - Rock Your Body Rock (Rennie Pilgrim Remix) - Positiva

13) Adam Freeland - Smells Like Freeland - White

14) Taka - Love Trippin - BL Records

15) Unknown - Lonely World - White

16) Adam Freeland - 7th Nation Army (House Rmx) - White

17) Boogie Pimps - Somebody to Love (DJ Flex's Executive Mix) - Data Recordings

The_Pope
09-23-2004, 10:40 PM
Feedback appreciated.

There's only one soft spot in this mix.. it pisses me off every time I hear it, but hey.. lemme know your thoughts on the mix itself. I think you'll enjoy the nu-skool dirty break sounds.

Thanks in advance yall.

-Pope G

P.S. Any of you who would like an actual CD copy of this mix, fully tracked with front label, drop me a PM. I'll throw one in the mail for ya.

JustJoe
09-24-2004, 12:12 AM
The mix rawked. I keep putting #2 on repeat. Good shiat.

That is all.

8)

davemolina
09-24-2004, 01:20 AM
Really good stuff, Poper!!!

Dj_Na8
09-24-2004, 02:21 AM
Nice mix brotha, I enjoyed listening to, I took it with me to a gig I did on the radio station in Mexico and the djs there fell in love with it! They listen to a lot of progressive house and tribal stuff, so this was different for them and they just said "wow we need to have more shit like this", I was like fuck yeah we need to bring them SA djs down here! So hopefully we can put something in the works!

The_Pope
09-24-2004, 12:26 PM
Nice mix brotha, I enjoyed listening to, I took it with me to a gig I did on the radio station in Mexico and the djs there fell in love with it! They listen to a lot of progressive house and tribal stuff, so this was different for them and they just said "wow we need to have more shit like this", I was like fuck yeah we need to bring them SA djs down here! So hopefully we can put something in the works!

Wow, no shit? I've lived here for about 7 years now and still haven't made it down to Mexico. Tell those boys down there I'd love to make a trip down and rock the radio station for em. I know it's a long shot, but I'm down bro. heh...

Sounds like you have a hard copy CD so you should have my contact info. PM me anytime if needed bro. And thanks much for the positive feedback, guys. Keep it comin'.

Support your locals!

Peace.

OniCon
09-24-2004, 01:38 PM
sorry I havent gotten with you or Nick Pope, but if I have the free time this weekend I will send Nick that zip file, so, yeah. I will keep ya informed!

Teh Sickness on this mix!

TeknoSounds
09-24-2004, 01:42 PM
yeah I have the hardcopy still and all the tracks already ripped. I'll throw them into a zip file n' upload them.

The_Pope
09-24-2004, 02:32 PM
sorry I havent gotten with you or Nick Pope, but if I have the free time this weekend I will send Nick that zip file, so, yeah. I will keep ya informed!

Teh Sickness on this mix!

No biggie kind sir. You've already done enough for me bro.

Nick is covering it I believe. Thanks again guys.

SugaV
09-25-2004, 03:07 PM
OMG i love this cd cant seem to put it down :)

The_Pope
09-26-2004, 03:10 AM
Glad to see you're enjoying it V. ;)

Dont.. ever... stop.. playing it! heh..

Peace.

The_Pope
09-27-2004, 07:45 PM
[EDIT] deleting the original post here since Nick added the image to the initial thread starting post.

Thanks bro. And err' body have a good one!

The_Pope
10-18-2004, 02:31 PM
Shameless bump for this mix.

I hope to have a new mix within the next month at the latest, so be on the lookout for it. If you enjoy this mix, you're sure to love what I have instore for the next one.

Props to everyone who has been downloading local mixes and giving us feedback. Peace.

AOS
10-18-2004, 06:47 PM
I dl'd. I loved it. Pope = teh w1n. :D Honestly I never was too big on breaks for some reason and the only time I had really seen it live was when Baby Anne was on and I didn't really notice the music if you know what I mean. ;) *nudge nudge* But yeah I like it. I started breakdancing in the laundry room. :D

Krisssana
10-19-2004, 11:49 AM
i dl'd it becuase he^ said it was pretty good. and yeah he was right :!: good job 8)

The_Pope
10-19-2004, 03:00 PM
Word. Appreciate the feedback and input on it, y'all. Glad to hear you enjoyed it! Thanks again for the approval. Peace. ;)

funkydreamaz
10-26-2004, 07:04 PM
that is bad ass mix bro. :roll: .do you have any demos? :D

The_Pope
10-27-2004, 01:21 PM
Appreciate the kind words. :wink:

This mix is the only 'demo' I have available right now. If you would like an official copy of this CD which is fully tracked (you can jump from track-to-track) and also has proper front label, drop me a PM on this board with your address and I'll get one in the mail for you.

I'll have another mix coming soon though, so be on the lookout. Sure to not disappoint.

Thanks again for the positive feedback.

-Greg

AOS
10-27-2004, 02:27 PM
Yeah yeah yeah enough about your mix, everybody and their mom dl'd it yakkity shmakkity...why don't you take your K-Swiss wearin' ass to the record store and buy some real records. I saw some ATB and Iio the other night at Hogwild that's right up your alley. :D :lol:

The_Pope
10-27-2004, 02:40 PM
I'll be sure to be wearing my Polo boots next time I see you. I'll show up with em both on and leave with only one. The other will be securely implanted in your ass Mullet-boy.

I had to reply to 'funkydreamaz.' He asked me a question. Now had he not, I probably wouldn't have responded.

Don't hate.

p.s. IMO, my k-swiss go hard.

AOS
10-28-2004, 03:06 PM
Hey it's all good, I got the same pair of K-Swiss at the house. I just like takin' the piss, mate. :D

By the way, download Pope Gregory for President!

There, shameless plug. Happy? :lol: :D