PDA

View Full Version : our shitty economy

bizzo
02-22-2008, 09:27 AM
i really hate the fact that my IRA has lost hundreds.

obama better get this shit back on track.

TeknoSounds
02-22-2008, 09:56 AM
bleh I really need to set up and start contributing to my 401k. Well...maybe when things start lookin up again.

theprocess
02-23-2008, 07:29 AM
i really hate the fact that my IRA has lost hundreds.

obama better get this shit back on track.

Hell yeah! Looking at my portfolio these days makes me want to cry. Check out http://www.fairtax.org. Its pretty interesting, non partisan proposal. I all for anything wants to abolish the IRS.....

Wyld Stallyns
02-23-2008, 09:59 AM
some of my investments took a serious hit this year...but it meant I got money back @ tax time

getbent
02-24-2008, 05:17 AM
Is it just me, or does a "stimulus package" sound wrong?

tinkerbell1914
02-24-2008, 02:25 PM
bleh I really need to set up and start contributing to my 401k. Well...maybe when things start lookin up again.

Ok now is the time to contribute. Buy low and sell high. Plus if your company matches then it's even more money that you are losing out on. Plus it comes out of your pay pre-tax. So sometimes it can put you in a lower tax bracket. Plus your stocks are going to go up and down. You have a long time before we can retire. Oh and I would invest some of the money in the oversea market. That's where I'm making alot of money on my shit!!!! Hope that helps you out some Nick!

tinkerbell1914
02-24-2008, 02:29 PM
some of my investments took a serious hit this year...but it meant I got money back @ tax time

Ok I hate to tell you but all the money your getting back was yours to begin with. But hey its always better to get money back than to owe them fuckers money. Because then your really screwed.

spacemonkey
02-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Ok I hate to tell you but all the money your getting back was yours to begin with. But hey its always better to get money back than to owe them fuckers money. Because then your really screwed.

ditto.....anyways you also don't get any money back or tax credits on the profit or loss that you sustained. Tink is right, by the way, buy low sell high. Now is a really good time to invest locally with the way the market is right now....Stocks are going to rebound after the sub prime mortgage issues blow over. Look for portfolios that have banks, oil companies, pharmaceuticals, and any telecommunications stocks in them. Also as tink had said you might want to also invest overseas, the exchange rate at which the dollar gets matched with foreign currencies may allow you to buy stocks in foreign markets for less than you think. The good markets to invest overseas are in the orient right now. The dollar against their currencies is really good. Try to shy away from Europe if you can, the dollar is weak against most European currencies.

Davinci
02-24-2008, 04:13 PM
well... to all the commentary I have some of my own. First of all, spacemoneky is right... if you have the means to invest; right now certainly is a good time. For all of you 401K, IRA, stock people... come on, most of us on here are you, why worry about that shiznit, just keep investing cuz long-term is good no matter where you invest, as long as it's diversified.

Comment on stimulus package: Okay, that's bullshit that it is our money anway, cuz technically, it isn't! I mean, the Govt had to BORROW the money from China b/c these Bush fools put us in debt for a million stupid decisions, one of the main ones being this Iraq war. THEN, we are flooding the market back with small appliances & other perishables that... you guessed it, MADE IN CHINA... so this stimulus package is helping China, not USA.

So yeah... better hope Obama wins and sparks the *REAL* economy which means that we invest in ourselves, education, creativity, a hussling middle class, and a working poor that actually can live on a wage so that ALL of us prosper. So bring jobs back to the US, invest in NEW technology like wind, solar, bio, etc, and be more self-sufficient.

Ahhhh..... I think I'm done.

spacemonkey
02-24-2008, 04:40 PM
preach it brother....amen to that!!!!!

Wyld Stallyns
02-24-2008, 05:46 PM

uh...no shit sherlock? hence the 'investments took a hit'. had they not taken a hit the government would not have gotten an interest free loan from me because my earnings (from the investments) would have offset what uncle scam took out of my checks.

http://globalbeatz.net/Forums/tax-return-t57371-25.html

Guy
02-24-2008, 07:27 PM
Albert Einstein once said "The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax."

Well said Davinci, I couldn't have said it better myself.

smtproductions
02-29-2008, 03:16 PM
goldstars to everyone.

the entertainment industry is feeling it to. if people dont' have the money to pay their bills they won't have the money to come out to a show. so lower attendance means losing money on shows..