PDA

View Full Version : I fucking hate mtv!

nathan_swiFt
07-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Did you guys know they have a show called 16 and pregnant? WTF! Help me understand how Music changed to I would rather see a 16yr old girl pregnant then music videos.

Sir Nasty
07-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Exactly... Reality shows too. Shyts gettin a bit much. You dont see much music videos until crackhead hour or Jerry Springer hours.. lol

nathan_swiFt
07-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Exactly... Reality shows too. Shyts gettin a bit much. You dont see much music videos until crackhead hour or Jerry Springer hours.. lol
ya and the videos suck balls. Dude when I was like 7 or 8 I used to recorded MTV on videos and dude I watch old school shit like 120min. and I have videos of MTV playing acid house @ like 2 am. That was MTV now, this is the shit Im subject to? FUCK!!!

any one want a copy? hahaha 3 1/2 hrs of old school MTV 1994 and up!

revkathyr
07-02-2009, 12:29 PM
ya and the videos suck balls. Dude when I was like 7 or 8 I used to recorded MTV on videos and dude I watch old school shit like 120min. and I have videos of MTV playing acid house @ like 2 am. That was MTV now, this is the shit Im subject to? FUCK!!!

When I was high school we used to stay up really late just to watch 120 minutes. They play it on like MTV2 or some shit but it pisses me off because though it's played up like they're showing the old shows it's not even the same. They've put in a bunch of gay-ass commercial "alternative" in there instead. MTV is just one giant 24 hour commercial anyway. Fail.

laurenislost
07-02-2009, 01:39 PM
MTV hasn't been much of a relevant source for music in about 12 years. I miss Matt Pennfield!

monimm
07-02-2009, 01:50 PM

Didnt you know that being pregnant is the new black? :rofl:

and I would like a copy of your video...I still have my VHS player for special times as this...

Its sad so say that some children, teens and adults dont know what music is anymore...just zombies of shitty TV. fuck TV! HA!

laurenislost
07-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Didnt you know that being pregnant is the new black? :rofl:

and I would like a copy of your video...I still have my VHS player for special times as this...

Its sad so say that some children, teens and adults dont know what music is anymore...just zombies of shitty TV. fuck TV! HA!
placenta is the new glitter...

Belmont
07-02-2009, 02:50 PM
I miss Matt Pennfield!

Fuckin A

Ghostbcrew
07-02-2009, 02:58 PM
yeah we miss the old MTV...those were the days...be cool if a new music channel started up and played good music videos :alientwo:

djcode
07-02-2009, 04:10 PM
What Nathan said...hahaha...16 and pregnant...

elo fo sho
07-03-2009, 11:52 AM
i especially hate that stupid show "silent library" or whatever. you can just tell they're trying way too hard now-a-days.

either way, i used to love muchmusic (from canada, of all places) because they actually played music when mtv took a turn for the worst. then it turned into fuse and went all hard-core rock. don't know if they're still around, but they used to be pretty awesome.

now i like listening to the music channels all day. especially since they turned some of them into xm/sirius channels. yay! :airborne:

oh yeah, one more thing: a shot at love season 1 was the highest ratings mtv had for a long time, if that hints at anything...

DJPowder1200
07-03-2009, 01:24 PM
i miss liquid television....even if it did mark the beginning of the end

laurenislost
07-03-2009, 01:28 PM
i miss liquid television....even if it did mark the beginning of the end

They shouldn't have let aeon flux talk.

Boomcie_4
07-03-2009, 01:28 PM
IMF-International Music Feed greatest music channel ever, then it vanished.

+10hitpoints
07-03-2009, 01:51 PM
ummmm, MTV sucked when they were still playing the Buggles video killed the radio star. It's ALWAYS been nothing but a commercial. A never ending payola mind control clearicel abercrombie zombie hour. There are so many phenomenoms that would have died a quick death and not poisoned our planet if it weren't for that MTV mass brainwash device. HipHop, Jack Ass stunts, Made, Sweet 16 princesses, the word "Bling", Lindsay Lohan type starlets, people complaining that they don't play music videos anymore. Fuck, while y'all were up after midnight watching 120 xray cuz it was the only thing "cool" on MTV, i was out sneakin into my GF's room to fuck her all night and playing generator parties in the desert with punkrock and industrial bands and throwing beer bottles at the MTV spring break madness set. Then again, have y'all seen the new Gymclass Hero's video? fuckin AWESOME!!!

I really need to switch to decaf.

laurenislost
07-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Okay 10hp you are way cooler than any of us could ever aspire to be. You win the trophy!

Guy
07-03-2009, 02:59 PM
They shouldn't have let aeon flux talk.

I like the one episode where they go into those rooms and eat the cabbage looking stuff. The part where she pulls out that stringy robot thingy from that fat guys belly button was bat shit crazy.

Cindersadnb
07-04-2009, 12:09 AM
the fact you even watched mtv is full of lol

perpetualnoize
07-04-2009, 12:22 AM
i especially hate that stupid show "silent library" or whatever. you can just tell they're trying way too hard now-a-days.

either way, i used to love muchmusic (from canada, of all places)

Muchmusic was great when it was aired in here AMerica., Canada has a great music scsne. AMP was probably the greatest source for music. MTV2 and Fuse(that ch always suked imo) all follow this new format and it' fucking stupid Mtv lately in the past 3 years or so has actually made an effiort to play some talent but MTV still ha sthe shitiest shows....16 and pregnant imo isn't as ridiculous a Paris Hilton, Next or Room Raiders.

Cricket
07-04-2009, 01:30 AM
the fact you even watched mtv is full of lol

right...

it was totally my dream to be the first 16 year old pregnant chick on the show, but since i couldnt convince cinder that my parents were cool with it, i had to wait a few years, and i was completly under accessorized for prom.

DJPowder1200
07-04-2009, 02:31 AM
right...

it was totally my dream to be the first 16 year old pregnant chick on the show, but since i couldnt convince cinder that my parents were cool with it, i had to wait a few years, and i was completly under accessorized for prom.
lol....wtf?

Belmont
07-04-2009, 04:17 AM

either way, i used to love muchmusic (from canada, of all places) because they actually played music when mtv took a turn for the worst. then it turned into fuse and went all hard-core rock. don't know if they're still around, but they used to be pretty awesome.

now i like listening to the music channels all day. especially since they turned some of them into xm/sirius channels. yay! :airborne:

oh yeah, one more thing: a shot at love season 1 was the highest ratings mtv had for a long time, if that hints at anything...

Silent library was awesome when it was a Japanese show. The Americanization of all these great Japanese shows pisses me off.

DJPowder1200
07-04-2009, 04:53 AM
i'm actually watching silent library now.....i've never seen this show before, but i think it's pretty funny

Cindersadnb
07-04-2009, 08:52 AM
btw Eric, that was my ole lady (cricket) :biggrin:

djcode
07-04-2009, 02:23 PM
I think beavis and butthead is one of the best things that came out of that channel...

DJPowder1200
07-04-2009, 02:41 PM
btw Eric, that was my ole lady (cricket) :biggrin:oh yeah, i know....it just struck me as really funny because she hardly ever posts on here and then busts out with that gem outta the blue

Cindersadnb
07-04-2009, 03:05 PM
^^ she saves them for a rainy day hehe

+10hitpoints
07-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Okay 10hp you are way cooler than any of us could ever aspire to be. You win the trophy!
right? i've been trying to tell you people this for long enough! thankyou for finally acknowledging my efforts

elo fo sho
07-05-2009, 11:47 PM
Muchmusic was great when it was aired in here AMerica., Canada has a great music scsne. AMP was probably the greatest source for music. MTV2 and Fuse(that ch always suked imo) all follow this new format and it' fucking stupid Mtv lately in the past 3 years or so has actually made an effiort to play some talent but MTV still ha sthe shitiest shows....16 and pregnant imo isn't as ridiculous a Paris Hilton, Next or Room Raiders.

true true. they just keep coming out with shows that are more retarded than the last. i actually knew someone who was on room raiders.

I think beavis and butthead is one of the best things that came out of that channel...

and daria!

MarcSuarez
07-06-2009, 02:41 AM
:beavis::butthead: ftw