PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody! (question!)

kittykat
01-02-2011, 03:25 AM
hello everybody, my name is Kat from San Antonio.
im only 17, and my friends got me pretty interested in this new scene.
i like the music, and i am willing to experience new things. haha
im thinking that my first rave will be spring love 3, and i can't wait!
so i will visit this website pretty often from now on, and i hope i meet new people on this site.

oh question here, well since i'm not familiar with this scene, (i moved from a small town in georgia so yeah..) i have a few questions i would like to ask people here. so, is the security and atmosphere pretty strict in raves? like do they really card you and stuff at 18+ events? cuz i heard a few of my friends still enjoy going to those even though theyre still 17. a friend of mine wanted to take me to a local 18+ event but i guess i bailed cuz i was scared i would be kicked out or something.. or do they use fake id's? or haha yeah.. just wanted to get a little familiar with the atmosphere and how things go.
Thanks!

JT.High
01-02-2011, 04:46 AM
Any event that is posted that it is an 18+ event, I can assure you they will be checking ID's at the door.

I'm half asleep and would love to chat more but first,

Welcome to the sight! Hope you enjoy your stay and welcome to the scene!

jimmathy SCARECROW
01-02-2011, 07:23 AM
where in GA are you from?

kittykat
01-02-2011, 01:49 PM
i'm from barnesville!

jimmathy SCARECROW
01-02-2011, 02:47 PM
i'm from barnesville!

that's cool.

I used to live off of 75 (but a little north of Atlanta).

Damaged
01-02-2011, 04:02 PM
pics? oh wait, she's not 18 yet..
nvrmnd

TeknoSounds
01-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Greetings and :welcome: to the site :)

As for your predicament, really the only events that you won't be able to go to are club events, and probably not to Nocturnal Festival (or other Insomniac events, unless they lax their 18+ rule). But there's plenty of other shows that are 16+. Some going on here in Austin, lots going on in Houston.

The year (or less) should pass fairly quickly for you, you'll be 18 before you know it and legal to get yourself into all kinds of trouble :p