PDA

View Full Version : Dreamonoid in San Antonio new to site

Dreamonoid
08-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Hey guys I'm brand new to the site even though I've known about it for a while. I live in San Antonio and I'm trying to get some kind of scene going over here, because it's pretty dead. I'm a DJ and I do a lot of Ableton stuff and have more of focus on dubstep, but I love all music and am willing to mesh with anything. So if anybody is interested I'd love to start something up over here, but even at that I spend a lot of time in Austin. Looking forward to contributing.

Damaged
08-10-2011, 06:42 PM
what do you have in mind in order to start the scene in SA?
there's already some stuff going on there. not quite at the pace of Austin.
are you from SA? do you have a soundcloud account?

TeknoSounds
08-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Yupyup I know a few folks that are keeping things going down there, should def hit them up.
Alex of JDS Ent and Erik of Jacked In are a couple of them

But greetings and :welcome: to the site, much thanks for joining :)

Damaged
08-10-2011, 11:54 PM
I'd even go as far to say that things are on the up from this time last year in SA..

Dreamonoid
08-13-2011, 02:15 AM
Well if you could put in touch or direct me to these people that would be awesome. I just started this handle so I haven't got around to any new mixes or anything, but in time. I hope it's on the up, because I don't see a lot. Maybe just too used to Austin, and yes I live in San Antonio.

Johannes Chemistry
08-13-2011, 03:51 AM
Hey man, what's up. This board is pretty dead, actually, most boards are now days. And yeah, I was actually thinking the same thing about SA. I'm a producer and just wanna get back out, meet some peoples, and listen to some new music. I just thought it was lame here and full of dbag hoolio clubs. I'm still debating the DJ thing myself cause it seems more people like my mikes than my tracks at the moment. Honestly I have no want to perform at all. Not in this town anyway. I'm too old for that shit I think heh.

TeknoSounds
08-13-2011, 06:55 AM
Don't mind Johannes, hes our resident "thinks-hes-better-than-everyone-else-and-bitches-about-things-he-knew-back-in-the-day-but-never-leaves-home-for-a-show"

Johannes Chemistry
08-13-2011, 12:26 PM
I don't think I'm better than anyone else? WTH I'm an asshole just like the rest of you.

And not going to shows is not true. I've been known to pop in Karma every once in awhile and gonna try to make it to this car show tonight. I know I need to get out and support more. That's all I was saying. I can't produce music and expect people to listen to it if I don't get out there. I'm trying NOT to be so negative now days. I'm giving you guys the benefit of the doubt. All I ask is you give me a chance.

Dreamonoid
08-14-2011, 12:08 AM
.....Whoa what is going on? Haha well hit me up guys if you are down for shows. I have a good college connection here in SA.

Damaged
08-14-2011, 01:11 AM
Well if you could put in touch or direct me to these people that would be awesome. I just started this handle so I haven't got around to any new mixes or anything, but in time. I hope it's on the up, because I don't see a lot. Maybe just too used to Austin, and yes I live in San Antonio.

SA is notorious for being the lamest city in Texas as far as edm is concerned.
however. compared to even just last year it has gotten somewhat better.
CrizzlyBear for one has gone nation wide with his skills.
he hosts a few events from time to time in SA.
Keeq holds it down. look him up in the members area here on TS.

Damaged
08-14-2011, 01:15 AM
Don't mind Johannes, hes our resident "thinks-hes-better-than-everyone-else-and-bitches-about-things-he-knew-back-in-the-day-but-never-leaves-home-for-a-show"

this made me laugh. never seen Nick get down on folk.. =]

I don't think I'm better than anyone else? WTH I'm an asshole just like the rest of you.

And not going to shows is not true. I've been known to pop in Karma every once in awhile and gonna try to make it to this car show tonight. I know I need to get out and support more. That's all I was saying. I can't produce music and expect people to listen to it if I don't get out there. I'm trying NOT to be so negative now days. I'm giving you guys the benefit of the doubt. All I ask is you give me a chance.

I dont know you dude but Karma & car shows hardly even count for supporting the scene.. + I'm pretty sure
it's mostly because your in suck town. had you been in the 512 this whole time you'd be all about it. riiight?

Johannes Chemistry
08-14-2011, 05:21 AM
Yeah probably. If I was in Austin or San Marcos it would be easier for me to come out to shows. But I'll start comin out. I ain't gonna get no support without giving it, I know that. Plus I want to hear what you guys are playing now days. I don't get the time to search through endless tracks anymore for gems. I might get some inspiration, who knows. Just cause I said I don't want to perform didn't imply I was better cause I'm a producer. I have stage fright and panic attacks, ima have to get over that before I try anything. I'm freakin 30, a little old to try and get out there an be a serious DJ, I dunno.

Damaged
08-14-2011, 05:16 PM
thirty is the new 20 homie J dawg.. ; )
I'm 57 and lovin it.. lawlz
get a bj before each time you go on stage.
would cure that stagefright right quick like..

Johannes Chemistry
08-14-2011, 06:43 PM
You ain't 57 stfu, lol.

And no, I'm 30 man. Not 20. I got cracked feet and ulcers. I feel 30 on the outside.

And as far as the stage freight, it's a long story. I'm not gonna go into again but I had some really bad experiences when I tried to DJ a long time ago. I was kinda asking for it though now when I look back on it.

And yeah, then there are the panic attacks. Didn't used to have em till like last year. I'd go to rock shows and the music pumping through me would just irritate me. I think it has a lot to do with the shooting outside my apartment. I'm freakin paranoid. I have social anxiety too, that's a problem with me going out. All those people saying how I'm crazy and unstable, well, yeah it's true. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a crazy ass motherfucker. But aren't most musicians?

Sorry to jack your thread dude. Got off topic.

Damaged
08-14-2011, 07:00 PM
You ain't 57 stfu, lol.

And no, I'm 30 man. Not 20. I got cracked feet and ulcers. I feel 30 on the outside.

And as far as the stage freight, it's a long story. I'm not gonna go into again but I had some really bad experiences when I tried to DJ a long time ago. I was kinda asking for it though now when I look back on it.

And yeah, then there are the panic attacks. Didn't used to have em till like last year. I'd go to rock shows and the music pumping through me would just irritate me. I think it has a lot to do with the shooting outside my apartment. I'm freakin paranoid. I have social anxiety too, that's a problem with me going out. All those people saying how I'm crazy and unstable, well, yeah it's true. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a crazy ass motherfucker. But aren't most musicians?

Sorry to jack your thread dude. Got off topic.

this dude hasint been back and dont care furr shore..
dangit main. sounds like you got good drugs to keeps ya mind tight.
we might need to kick it soon.. I'll be happy to bring you face to face with
any fear ya want to confront. I'll do the same.. it will be rewarding...

Johannes Chemistry
08-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Yeah that will be cool man. And I'm currently not taking any meds and having problems sleeping again. I hate taking those fucking meds dude, I tried it. I got back to "medicating" myself but don't like doing that either, costs money I don't have.

I ain't ready to play on stage yet anyway. My laptop crapped out and now I want to buiild a rack with a rack mounted pc and all that. I may just have to settle for a laptop but I can't afford a Mac, yeah right. I could build a powerful PC for half the cost, which will have less over latency than a Mac. So either way, I still got another year or so. I only have some amateur demos out right now and working on this album, so I won't be ready till I release it. I got some promos in the works though. I like to mix up psytrance mostly, which doesn't mix with the music I make really. I'll have to figure that one out. But psy is my expertise when it comes to DJing. That's the genre I know most about. I may have to dive into electro more cause the track I make sound more like elctro to me.

Damaged
08-14-2011, 07:34 PM
google ant miles. ram records. never plays out. yet holds down one of the most important lables known worldwide...
food for thought..

Dreamonoid
08-15-2011, 12:46 AM
Hey I'm still lurking enjoying this conversation going on up in here.

Johannes Chemistry
08-15-2011, 02:39 PM
I looked up ant miles. I like the fact that he is know for passing on his knowledge to others. I do the same thing. I love teaching people. I love searching for talent as well. I wish I had more time to do that.