PDA

View Full Version : Dave Molina - Ignition - Trance

TeknoSounds
01-30-2005, 03:15 PM
Dave Molina - Ignition (68:41)

Right click here and save as (http://teknosounds.com/mixes/davemolina/ignition.mp3)

Tracklisting:
1. 8 Wonders - The Morning After (8 Wonders' At The Stroke Of Midnight Mix) - Somatic Sense Recordings
2. Octagen & Arizona - Profound - Captivating Sounds
3. Tiesto - Adagio For Strings - Nebula
4. Sam Sharp - Deep - Reset Records
5. Tom Harding vs Marzz - Bring Back That Feeling (DPI Remix) - Detox Music
6. M.I.B. - Keep Pushin - Captivating Sounds
7. Mojado - El Toro - Magik Muzik
8. Dogzilla - Dogzilla (Mistress Barbara Internum Remix) - Maelstrom Records
9. King Size - Riding Outwards - Free For All
10. Randy Katana - In Silence (Tixitarro Mix) - Reset Records
11. Empirical Labs - Turtle Beach (Outback Remix) - A State Of Trance

davemolina
01-30-2005, 03:22 PM
This is a little more aggressive than what I normally play, but I had to put these tracks down so I could hear them in the car : ) This was a phase I went through recently, but have already moved back to more epic sounds.

I tried to incorporate some of the harmonic mixing that Jeff told me about, but I'm still green with that so some of the transitions may sound busy.

Hope you guys enjoy it. Now I can move on to Massive: Volume Two, which should be me on CD 1 and Packer on CD 2.

JustJoe
01-30-2005, 03:36 PM
Nice work, ASSHAT.

Your best mix to date!

Obediah
01-30-2005, 10:39 PM
Link didn't work for me :(

davemolina
01-30-2005, 11:14 PM
hmmm it was working earlier

davemolina
01-30-2005, 11:17 PM
hint: don't use Firefox. It didn't work for me either.

Espre
01-30-2005, 11:22 PM
i use firefox and it downloaded fine... i just think the link went dead for a while.

but i will post my thoughts once i get a good listen in... probably tomorrow or something.

davemolina
01-30-2005, 11:52 PM
Cool. I tried to work on keys, but we'll see how it came out.

SugaV
01-31-2005, 12:47 AM
:: wets panties ::

Packer
01-31-2005, 01:32 AM
:: gains interest ::

SugaV
01-31-2005, 10:17 AM
^ lol. nice mix :-)

The_Pope
01-31-2005, 12:12 PM
d/l'ing right now. I'll edit this post with a lil review/input after I give it a listen. I'm sure it slams though. :twisted:

AndrewParsons
01-31-2005, 03:30 PM
A lot of older tracks.. I didn't check the mixing yet.. but im sure its fine. Question, have you been programming this for a while or you just really like these tracks? Just asking, it isn't ment to sound rude. Thanks

Obediah
01-31-2005, 03:57 PM
Got it to work... D/Ling...

djquest
01-31-2005, 04:29 PM
Overall very good mix, dont know if its your best. I give it 7/10.

davemolina
01-31-2005, 04:34 PM
A lot of older tracks.. I didn't check the mixing yet.. but im sure its fine. Question, have you been programming this for a while or you just really like these tracks? Just asking, it isn't ment to sound rude. Thanks

You rude bastard!!!

J/K

I actually picked up a whole bunch of the tracks about a month ago from Deviant Pete. It was like 43 records for 300 bucks or something. Almost all the tracks came from that purchase, which I agree are a bit dated right now but I wanted to at least put them on a CD before I moved onto the newer tracks I have been coming across. I liked how Pete had records with "kick" to them and wanted to share them before I moved on to my next "Massive" CD.

There are so many newer tracks that have come out that I would love to have, but funds are a bit low and they are only wishes right now. Hopefully that will change soon...but I agree that the tracks could stand to be newer.

Hope you enjoy the mix though Andrew!!!

andy james
01-31-2005, 04:55 PM
good stuff all around dave! flawless mixing, good flow/track selection(especially the misstress barbara rmx), and it's quite bangin' :twisted: !

i'll be quite honest i rarely listen to trance anymore, but i had to check this one out because it's dave, he said it's more aggressive, and i gotta represent 8) !

PROPS

davemolina
01-31-2005, 05:24 PM
Thanks brova!!!

AnomiChris
02-01-2005, 01:59 PM
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Tremor
02-02-2005, 03:36 AM
Dude.. this fukn kicks ass.. You know trance isn't my fav medium, but when I like it I love it, and this falls right in there. I think the trax are awesome, I like that harder, edgier, techier stuff, and the mixing is spot on, tight with a nice flow. It's fukn capitally champion, mate, I'll be bumpin this for a while I'm sure.. :headbang: :matrixfight:

AndrewParsons
02-02-2005, 10:36 AM
lol, I was just asking. Obviously you get more downloads than I do ;).

chemicalX
02-02-2005, 04:26 PM
i expect this in cd form next time i see you dave!

kungfugirl
02-15-2005, 06:48 PM
I LUVED IT, RADIOFLYER!! :D

TeknoSounds
02-15-2005, 06:51 PM
been listenin to it quite a bit on my car :) even plays periodically on my xbox :D

very good stuff! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

davemolina
02-15-2005, 06:56 PM
LOL @ I Heart Dave Fan Club!!!

Now if I could only get us tax exempt status...

Dirk W.
02-15-2005, 08:25 PM
:: wets panties ::

:: gains interest ::

Thats hilarious :roll:

Dave, you know I love your mixing skills and your music -- this is a great cd. I will join your fanclub too, but I want a cool title if I join.

davemolina
02-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Dave, you know I love your mixing skills and your music -- this is a great cd. I will join your fanclub too, but I want a cool title if I join.

LOL. Thanks for the kind words, Dickhead! I'll make you a cool dolphin shirt if you join the fanclub and it will say "Dickhead" on the back : )

Packer
03-04-2005, 04:41 PM
aarrgghhhh I fuckin love that tight little bassline in The Morning After (Stroke Of Midnight Mix)... reminds me of a well kept panocha, and how great penetrating one is.

JustJoe
03-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Track #6 is the absolute shit!!!

:roll:

Espre
03-11-2005, 09:09 PM
ok i finally got a good listen in on this mix while cruising around in the car... first of all this is your best mix to date... at least the best technically. The overall mixing was good you had your rough areas but you recovered fine... i think you are pushing the record still though, i'm not completely sure but i believe so because of a few minor pitch bends. They just sounded unnatural and with trance you really can't be nudging the record unless in real trouble, try sticking to the pitch control only. But thats just me being picky so don't listen to that... lol I really liked the overall track selection for what it was (a techy trance set), i think you are really grasping the whole harmonic mixing thing and starting to shine. I have really noticed alot of improvment over your last few mixes (Initialize, Massive Vol. 1, and this one ) and am starting to expect alot from you. Keep up the good work and you will be great. Awsome job...

Espre
03-11-2005, 09:14 PM
oh btw... the real thing i didn't like was the whole Tiesto rip-off of the William Orbit/Samuel Barber's "Adagio for Strings"... i hate Tiesto's new version, and everytime i hear that Parade of the Athletes set it makes my blood boil... lol

should have stuck with the William Orbit - Adagio for Strings (Ferry Corsten Mix)... then it would have been cherry....

but i'm just bustin your balls though.. great mix...

davemolina
03-11-2005, 09:55 PM
LOL.

Yeah, I'm not a big Tijis fan at all, but the track happened to be in key and I didn't have any other tracks to link to Deep, so "in it went". Thanks for the feedback. It motivates me to want more from my mixes and to be a better DJ.

I was pushing the record at times and I practice using only pitch, but I get scared to do it live so bad habits take over unfortunately. Hopefully soon I can stop pushing it.

I now pay attention to keys now when selecting tracks and even use your technique of listening to the middle of the cue record. The only drawback is I can't enjoy my old mixes or poorly constructed ones...I HOPE YOUR HAPPY!!!

Thanks again for the feedback.

Espre
03-11-2005, 11:04 PM
I now pay attention to keys now when selecting tracks and even use your technique of listening to the middle of the cue record. The only drawback is I can't enjoy my old mixes or poorly constructed ones...I HOPE YOUR HAPPY!!!

Thanks again for the feedback.

lol... i am the same way with some of my really old mixes.. i just can't standing listening to them from a technical standpoint... but it is still cool to see how much i have progressed in 6 years...

kyzer
03-11-2005, 11:26 PM
oh btw... the real thing i didn't like was the whole Tiesto rip-off of the William Orbit/Samuel Barber's "Adagio for Strings"... i hate Tiesto's new version, and everytime i hear that Parade of the Athletes set it makes my blood boil... lol

should have stuck with the William Orbit - Adagio for Strings (Ferry Corsten Mix)... then it would have been cherry....

damn, someone else thinks the same!!! dude, the Ferry Corsten mix kicks any of the other remixes out there. it was the first trance remix (at least i think so) and the best. one of my fave tracks of all time. :D

Packer
03-12-2005, 01:16 AM
Damn, if only I could get a hold of the repress of the FC remix of Adagio, it's absolute brilliance. I felt the exact same way when Tiesto's version of Adagio came out... I was like WTF is this bullshit! Not only was it completely different from the Adagio For Strings I loved (Ferry Corsten remix of course) but the bastard renamed it to "Tiesto - Adagio For Strings"!! After several months I began to get over Tijs' bullshit and I actually started to appreciate the track for what it is. As a tech trance track I enjoy it now, and with that animosity dulled down, it's a good production.

TonySalinas
03-12-2005, 03:00 AM
^^^ what he said ^^^

for me, currently:

tech trance > epic trance

BUT

Ferry Corsten > Tiesto

Espre
03-12-2005, 09:31 AM
i have the original William Orbit - Adagio for Strings white label backed with the ferry corsten mix... i got that like back in 2000 or something... :P

Packer
03-12-2005, 10:54 AM
i have the original William Orbit - Adagio for Strings white label backed with the ferry corsten mix... i got that like back in 2000 or something... :P

hand it over :x

kyzer
03-13-2005, 06:59 PM
good mix, man. i really like the tracks, although some were a little out of place. mixing is good. i rated it a 4, cuz damn it i spin this music too and i can appreciate it a little more. just keep doing what you're doing, bro

- Kyzer :D

davemolina
03-13-2005, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the feedback mang. I'm working on my next Pacific Trance-isions set, so hopefully I'll build more on what I learned from the last mix.