PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Trance-isions Week 076 - Mixed by James Packer

Packer
02-17-2005, 10:43 PM
Pacific Trance-isions Week 076 - Mixed by James Packer (2005-02-17): Download (www.pacifictrance.com)

Tracklisting:

1. Perpetuous Dreamer - Future Fun Land 2004 (Astura Remix)
2. Airwave - Save Me (Whiteroom Remix)
3. Sonorous - Protonic (Ronski Speed Mix)
4. Siberian Sun - Frostbite (Fred Baker Remix)
5. Solid Globe - North Pole (Original Mix)
6. DJ Precision pres. M.I.D.O.R. & Six4Eight - Cloud City
7. G & M Project - Sunday Afternoon (Nu NRG Remix)
8. Cloud Nine - Transmission (G & M Project Remix)
9. Altitude - Altitude (S.H.O.K.K. Remix)
10. Murphy Brown feat. Nu NRG - Aloa P (Mr. Pink Remix)
11. Members Of Mayday - 10 in 1 (Paul van Dyk Club Mix)
12. Nu NRG - Dreamland (Original Mix)

davemolina
02-18-2005, 02:04 AM
Jackass!!!

I was about to post this. Really good work bro.

JustJoe
02-18-2005, 02:26 AM
Nice work, FUCKHEAD.

Tremor
02-18-2005, 04:32 AM
Bumpin it now.. :roll:

http://www.dolphins.org/LeftNavImages/dolphinsBreach.gif

:D

Tremor
02-18-2005, 06:06 AM
WOW.. I feel really good and plurry now.. Think I'll go donate to Save the Whales or something..

:D Nah mate, I liked it, really smooth and uplifting, nice trax and mostly very clean mixing, the beats are tight.. Nice 1 champ.. Capital knockers, way to shake it..

DISCLAIMER: *No dolphins were harmed while typing this review.*

Packer
02-18-2005, 11:18 AM
bwahahah thanks guys, much appreciated!

Jason - I wish I had the time to mix it again, as this is the demo that's being sent to Utah today. I wasn't 100% happy with the mixing. Glad you liked the tracks though mate :D

Espre
02-18-2005, 02:08 PM
i'll give it a listen when i get home from work... but just seeing a PVD track on there makes me weary... the rest looks cool though.

AndrewParsons
02-18-2005, 03:14 PM
Not only does this feature some of 2003's good tracks, but it also looks like your trying way to hard to play pvd style.

I dunno, be your own person.

davemolina
02-18-2005, 03:22 PM
Not only does this feature some of 2003's good tracks, but it also looks like your trying way to hard to play pvd style.

The idea I get is you make it a point to say his tracks are old and that he's trying to be like PVD.

I don't think he's trying to be like anyone at all. The point of this mix is to help promote us in Utah and not to play the newest tracks available, which is a financial hardship for some people that have no access to dubs and whites.

Knowing the guy, I think he chose a good set of tracks that represent him musically. Its not always about playing those newest tracks, as your true identity doesn't show by playing only tracks that have a "just in" icon next to them, but rather by linking emotions together to project an experience...regardless of age.

It would have been nice to read something positive from someone I have so much respect for...no wonder Trance gets such a bad rap in this state.

Dirk W.
02-18-2005, 03:42 PM

I gotta agree with Dave...

Hey, you can play the "Castles in the Sky (2005 still Gay Dub)" if you want, but just because its new doesnt make it better. Being a DJ isn't always about playing the latest, but sometimes about playing the best. I happen to really enjoy what Packer throws down and its not even my main type of music.

Andrew, you're a good DJ and stuff you say should be taken seriously, however, you gotta lighten up. Dave is right when he says trance is headed downhill because of a mentality like that. Some of the older stuff is terrific and with a ratio of 1000 to 1 (pure shit vs a good track), newer stuff doesn't always fit the bill.

And no matter who you look up to or who you try to be everyones style is unique because everyone is unique. Thats what is so cool. Every single person brings a little of their own flavor to the table, no matter what techniques they use. Packer definitely has his own style and it is one I can respect and enjoy.

Packer
02-18-2005, 04:33 PM

It's funny that you say that, because I don't really hold PvD in very high regard. I wasn't even aware that these tracks are the style that he plays, because I don't listen to his sets. I do have several Vandit releases which I really love though, so maybe that's where you're getting the idea from.

Anyway, thanks to Dave & Dirk for saying pretty much what was going through my head... hope everyone else enjoys this.

Espre
02-18-2005, 06:28 PM
I don't really hold PvD in very high regard.

i can't stand PVD...

AnomiChris
02-18-2005, 07:08 PM
downloading now see u tonite foo...

AndrewParsons
02-18-2005, 07:28 PM
The 2003 comment was supposed to be nice, I didn't space it out right I guess. I ment, the tracks that WHERE from 2003 (Not a lot) I really liked.. and where some of my favorite.

As for the pvd comment, When I see a lot of NU NRG, and 10 in 01 etc. that is what I thought of.

Either way, I hadn't listened to the mix yet.. I was just pointing out the pvd part.

Sorry if it got messed all up lol.

AndrewParsons
02-18-2005, 07:31 PM

It's funny that you say that, because I don't really hold PvD in very high regard. I wasn't even aware that these tracks are the style that he plays, because I don't listen to his sets. I do have several Vandit releases which I really love though, so maybe that's where you're getting the idea from.

Anyway, thanks to Dave & Dirk for saying pretty much what was going through my head... hope everyone else enjoys this.

And I never said I didn't enjoy it.. Like I said, I like the older tracks, they are some of my favorite, especially the midor & six4eight track, they are great guys too!

Ill give you a review once I listen to it.

btw, if you like that:

Real Music 001, release date March 4th 2005 - M.I.D.O.R. & Six4Eight - Deep Horizons / Blueprint

peace
-Andrew
Real Music Recordings
www.djandrewparsons.com

AnomiChris
02-18-2005, 07:43 PM
Man I've been waiting for a mix from you man ...wooo im gonn be jammin this along with Daves/Andy james mix...Wow great shit man the 3rd track is awsome cant wait to hear yall tear it up at my show on March 6th...wooooooo

Also: i love ur style of trance u spin man this is the shit that i can fukin jam travling to my gigs and shit...great job on this mix, u sound like PVD man...heheh thats a good thing!!! 8) :lol: 8)

Packer
02-19-2005, 04:39 AM
Andrew - No worries dude.

Chris - Thanks champ, really glad you approve! Good to see you tonight, hope you got home safe. I had meant to talk to you more about what's going to be happening with the 2 shows and that; I dunno where time went. I left with Andy/Tremor/Kat before 1 though, so I wouldn't spend all of saturday sleepin... sorry mate! Will catch up soon enough I'm sure. Thanks again for everything :D

funkydreamaz
02-21-2005, 03:15 PM
100th download :!: ..I'm gonna listen to this at work..I feel all trancey to-day :lol:

funkydreamaz
02-21-2005, 06:11 PM
.some reason I can't listen to it at work! I'll wait til I get home..

Packer
02-21-2005, 07:02 PM
How'd you know it was the 100th download mate?

funkydreamaz
02-21-2005, 07:24 PM
i really don't know :P i saw it was 99 downloads...I'll check it out at home

TeknoSounds
02-21-2005, 07:36 PM
99 views you mean? unfortunetly that doesn't tell you how many downloads the file has :( that just represents the visitors to this thread

Espre
02-23-2005, 09:01 PM
Ok i had never heard you mix before this cd, so i had no idea what to expect... I must say i am very impressed... like for real. This isn't something that i usually say for i am really picky and kind of an elitest. The mix wasn't exactly my style, it was a bit fluffy at times... I prefer a bit of a darker edge to my trance... And i usually go more for the build, start minimal & chunky, end epic... But you did a different type of progression, you started fluffy and ended hard and epic... I really enjoyed it thoroughly and am really looking forward to you next effort. As for the Technical stuff, even though you weren't totally satisfied with the mixing... No mix on 1200's will be totally perfect, i don't care who you are... you can come close, but there will always be one small thing to notice. I thought the overall mixing skills were nice... Big props and you will be getting an e-mail shortly from me for a possible gig & more. Awsome mix man...

Cindersadnb
02-23-2005, 09:32 PM
you made jeff happy :eek:

Espre
02-23-2005, 09:36 PM
you made jeff happy :eek:

i know its wierd right??? i actually enjoyed a mix thoroughly... lol

Packer
02-23-2005, 10:33 PM
Ok i had never heard you mix before this cd, so i had no idea what to expect... I must say i am very impressed... like for real. This isn't something that i usually say for i am really picky and kind of an elitest. The mix wasn't exactly my style, it was a bit fluffy at times... I prefer a bit of a darker edge to my trance... And i usually go more for the build, start minimal & chunky, end epic... But you did a different type of progression, you started fluffy and ended hard and epic... I really enjoyed it thoroughly and am really looking forward to you next effort. As for the Technical stuff, even though you weren't totally satisfied with the mixing... No mix on 1200's will be totally perfect, i don't care who you are... you can come close, but there will always be one small thing to notice. I thought the overall mixing skills were nice... Big props and you will be getting an e-mail shortly from me for a possible gig & more. Awsome mix man...

Shit Jeff, thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to give it a listen and a review. Although I don't know you that well, I respect the fact that you are very particular about the type of trance you like, and that you have (from everything I hear) a lot of experience as a DJ. Obviously this gives your words a fair bit of weight, so I'm pretty stoked you enjoyed the set :) Cheers mate.

-Packer

JustJoe
03-09-2005, 08:01 PM
:roll: