PDA

View Full Version : Dave Molina - Sequence (05.17.05)

davemolina
05-18-2005, 10:27 PM
Download Sequence from PacificTrance.com Here (http://www.pacifictrance.com/pt/dl_manager.php?dir=/_000283_Dave%20Molina%20-%20Sequence/)

Sequence (192 kbps) [59:58]
Tracklist:

1. Electrovoya - Trance.Nu Theme - Winter Edition (Original Mix) [Recreate Sounds]
2. M.I.D.O.R & Six4Eight - Soundscape [Five AM]
3. Mojado - Senorita [Magik Muzik]
4. Marco Bailey - Invaders [Mb Electronics]
5. Clokx - Feelings (Dub Mix) [Liquid]
6. Manny Romero - Compadre (SVD Remix) [Spinnin Records]
7. Fred Baker - Total Blackout [F.B.I]
8. Sam Sharp - Error (Drop-Out Remix) [Reset]
9. Frisky Warlock - Trespasser [2 Play]
10. Fred Baker vs Nyram - Confirmation [In Trance We Trust]

JustJoe
05-18-2005, 10:28 PM
I actually like this one.

Good job, FUCKHEAD.

:thumb:

Dj_Na8
05-19-2005, 12:42 AM
Nice mix joto! j/k ur not a jot ur more like a maricon! lol

kyzer
05-19-2005, 01:09 AM
will give a listen tomorrow. tracklisting looks damn good :-D

SugaV
05-19-2005, 02:45 AM
ME LIKEY :-p

theGecko
05-19-2005, 04:37 AM
jus finshed with it i liked it :!:

AOS
05-19-2005, 02:38 PM
Can't dl it here. Hook me up with a hardcopy mangs

Tremor
05-19-2005, 04:41 PM
Wow, looks good, I'll bump it tonite.. :headbang:

Tremor
05-20-2005, 07:07 AM
Nice 1 my friend, classy mix.. Bangin all the way but with excellent dynamics, melodic where it needs to be, techy the rest, and clean mixing as always.. I really like this direction..

:thumbsup:

davemolina
05-20-2005, 12:13 PM
Thanks my snow-skinned brother!!!

I think I'm getting the hang of the whole harmonic mixing thing. With exception to the mix into Total Blackout, all tracks were in key to the best of my knowledge : )

waldo
05-20-2005, 04:09 PM
nice mixage :hungry:

Matthias
05-20-2005, 09:07 PM
I liked the mix man. Props :)

Thanks my snow-skinned brother!!!

I think I'm getting the hang of the whole harmonic mixing thing. With exception to the mix into Total Blackout, all tracks were in key to the best of my knowledge : )

Im making two new mixes based of the harmonic mixing concept. Unfortunately I have no way to host any of my new stuff. My bro still aint back from the air force and I know nothing about doin shit myself, much less have access to the site.

Soon tho..

davemolina
05-20-2005, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I really appreciate it. I feel like I'm learning more every time I make a mix : )

Boomcie_4
05-21-2005, 01:54 AM
omfgstfuroflmfaoBBQ TRANCE ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh make it stop
naw, dope ass mix man even though its trance lol, great mixing and track selection as usual.

davemolina
05-21-2005, 04:30 AM
Thanks brothaman!!! I will make a special "Booty Trance" mix for you : )

kdh
05-22-2005, 12:58 AM
I took a moment to check out this mix and while doing so I kept a running log. Here were my thoughts as I listened.. its a little late right now so it has a few spelling errors and the gramma isnt the best.. But ya know. =)

1:00 Great into track.
4:00 Did you mix on 600, 3000 or an efx box? Good use of effects and you seem to have them in time with the music. Right on.
5:15 Hearing the next track. Good stuff.
5:30 Hearing the bass of the next track roll in.
6:00 Nice kicky bass. Good track.
6:30 Great mix, but you cut the highs from the previous track to soon. Should have let them play out more.
8:30 Nice break down, very psytrance.. Good stuff.
11:10 Hearing the next track
11:30 Little bit of bass phasing but its nothing to worry about.
12:00 Good mix, right on. But I thought your midrange came in to fast. Maybe twisting the knob a bit smoother and slower.
13:00 Nice and tribal.
13:50 Maybe You should have let the previous track play longer and then cut it out at the break down of this track. While the mixes were great Its almost like you mixed them too soon. Maybe should have rode out the groove a bit longer with more attention to your EQing.
16:23 A little bass phasing. Nothing to worry about
16:43 This is a thought, but maybe at that last small break down you could have rolled the bass off from the out going track and then rolled it into the incoming track all in one shot? Would have resulted in less bass phasing. None the less it worked and I liked what you did.
17:00 This track and the prevous tracks are great tracks, but I don't think they worked. One had a more bass kicky feel to it, where this one is more higher pitched and techy feel to it.
19:45 Nice break down.
21:03 Nice 2nd break down of this track.
21:27 Hearing the mids of the incoming track. Nice.
22:09 Hearing the highs coming in.
22:45 A little bit of bass phasing, nothing to worry about.
23:11 You just rolled the bass in of the incoming track and out of the out going track.
23:35 Good mix, and good beat matching, but I think your math was off by 3 measures. If you dropped this track at the end of the first break down of the previous track it would been a quicker more energy mix with an awesome build up.
25:00 Great track none the less.
26:21 Great break down.
28:11 Great build up!
28:25 End of Build up.
29:25 Hearing the phaser effect. Not sure if thats the mixer or the track itself. nice none the less.
29:30 A bit of bass phasing. Your math is perfect. Sounds like you dropped the next track at the end of the build up of the previous track. Gotta be a hard drop point to nail each time. Good stuff.
30:30 Heard you chop the bass of the previous track and into this. I liked, very clean and slick.
31:22 Nice groove.
32:00 Nice break down.
33:00 Are you using the echo? It sounds like it, and i like it.
34:09 Hearing the incoming midrange of the next track. Nice.
34:30 Hearing the highs
34:50 Bass phasing, nothing to worrry about.
35:04 Good mix nice and on point, but I would have cut the highs slower first, then work on the mids of the previous track into this one. Good long clean mix none the less.
36:20 Awesome track.. Yea, right on!
39:06 Hearing the mid range of the next track.
40:00 Clean mix. Into the next track.
40:26 Some bass phasing. But damn.. Right on. Good over all eqing. You dropped into this track at the right time.
41:37 Nice break down. Good stuff.
44:12 Break down. Good stuff.
45:03 Some bass phasing.. Nothing major.
45:10 Good mix in of the highs.
45:33 more bass phasing but you caught it and it worked well into this track.
46:10 Good math, your mix was on point and you dropped this track into the previous one in a good spot.
46:40 Sick track!
48:00 Great break down.
49:45 Hearing the next tracks highs roll in. Good mixing.
51:00 Bitt of bass phasing but nothing bad.
51:55 Great mix.. Good use of EQs.
52:55 Excellent track.
End. Great track to end with.

You went around to lots of different stuff here. Some tribal, tech trance, and some pretty psytrance type stuff. There were 2 spots that I noted above that i didn't really like, but they worked. I thought most of your EQing was very good, but you seemed rushed? Understandable when youre going for a prefect when you record. Around the 30 minute mark you really hit your groove and it showed. You relaxed and you could hear it in the mixes. Your tracks were well thought out and it shows you that you thought about which ones you wanted to play. I'm a big fan on planned out mixes for mix CDs.. Live on the other hand is all by the seat of the pants. I shouldn't say this but I will anyway... but this would be a total rolling face CD. Not because it was fluffy and happy as it was completey far away from that. It had a really cool electric vibe to it that I totally dug. Some odd timing snare drums, and some really cool synth lines really gave it an edge. Your beat matching was almost excellent. The bass phasing noted above wasn't bad but its so hard to avoid it with trance.

I would give this a 8 out 10 stars.

excellent stuff, good work.

Thank you for sharing. =)

davemolina
05-22-2005, 06:48 AM
Whoa!!! That review was killer!!! Thanks for the help.

I keyed my tracks one weekend and it took about 5 minutes (no shit) to program the set. I kind of wanted a peak early with the Marco Bailey track, then another peak with "Total Blackout". I have been liking the techier stuff lately and really wanted to record them.

I get kind of scared when recording and you caught that head on with the EQing issues. I tend to mix out too quickly and should really be more patient and lets things flow more. Past mixes were REALLY off key and now that I am in a good direction with that, I realize I need to focus some more time on EQing during the mix. When bringing in new tracks, I would put the bass on the incoming track at about 9 o clock...which I think should be cut almost completely now to not clash with the bass in the main track.

Man, I remember when I thought it was all about beatmatching...I've learned a lot since then.

Kurt, thank you once again for taking time to provide me feedback. I tend to keep learning things with each mix and know I can only get better. It is much appreciated : )

Zild
05-22-2005, 12:52 PM
way to go my harmonic nazi brother

kdh
05-22-2005, 02:18 PM
Whoa!!! That review was killer!!! Thanks for the help.

I keyed my tracks one weekend and it took about 5 minutes (no shit) to program the set. I kind of wanted a peak early with the Marco Bailey track, then another peak with "Total Blackout". I have been liking the techier stuff lately and really wanted to record them.

I get kind of scared when recording and you caught that head on with the EQing issues. I tend to mix out too quickly and should really be more patient and lets things flow more. Past mixes were REALLY off key and now that I am in a good direction with that, I realize I need to focus some more time on EQing during the mix. When bringing in new tracks, I would put the bass on the incoming track at about 9 o clock...which I think should be cut almost completely now to not clash with the bass in the main track.

Man, I remember when I thought it was all about beatmatching...I've learned a lot since then.

Kurt, thank you once again for taking time to provide me feedback. I tend to keep learning things with each mix and know I can only get better. It is much appreciated : )

Try cutting the bass totally out. And slowly rolling the incoming in while rolling the out going one out. Try to do it in a way that each measure that passes you roll the bass knob past a line on the mixer. That way you roll the bass in and out in time with the music. I hope that makes sense. Some tracks this works, other its doesn't. I *totally* remember when it was all about beat matching, but thats really only the first part of it. =) But a major part that really needs to be ironed out. No problem in helping out. Glad I could.

andy james
05-25-2005, 02:44 AM
i finally grabbed this mix and i must say i'm really impressed......GOOD JOB D.MO 8) !!!

the last track was SUPER :cheese: , but otherwise i like the overall vibe of this mix :D

it's only a matter of time till you drop an all techno set :twisted:

davemolina
05-25-2005, 01:46 PM
HAHAHAHAHA

STOP MAKING ME WANNA PLAY TECHNO!!!!!!

I think the Techno mix will come sooner than later. I just want to pick up some new tracks so I can records it : ).

JustJoe
05-25-2005, 01:55 PM
Techno > trance.

End of story.

TeknoSounds
05-25-2005, 01:56 PM
loved it man :) good stuff

TonySalinas
05-25-2005, 03:04 PM
finally got around to burning it and listening - great job!!! Your best mix to date, though I still really like Ignition! It just sux that my 12x burner died, and now I have to use Liz's old external 4x - it takes 20 minutes to burn 1 CD!!! But it was worth the wait....

alevy8
05-25-2005, 03:07 PM
Nice Mix!!! Dude, you rock! You're an inspiration . . .keep doin what you do! Keep the mixes comin! I am goin to start throwin some more out here sooner than later!

PeAcE

justintime
05-29-2005, 12:03 AM
NICE!

I got a mix CD of yours a year and a half ago and I can tell you have made serious advancement since then. This is your best work yet. BTW your music fukin rawkt at Antro for your B-Day Party. My ears rang for days. I like how you have fun with your sets and that's what will keep you going for years to come.

Do you produce or have any desire to do so?

davemolina
05-29-2005, 07:09 AM
Do you produce or have any desire to do so?

Actually I do. Packer and I are going to start learning the ropes on how to produce tracks in the next week or so and if you don't mind I would love to get some input from you from time to time as I learn.

SGF
05-31-2005, 09:33 PM
:D Great mix mang!!!

AOS
06-01-2005, 06:16 PM
Well so far your CD has been doing a great job as a coaster, so thanks for the hookup on that, my apartment is drink-ring free now! Yay!

Haha I like the feel on this one though, kinda Europeany maybe? It just has a different feel than on the last mixes...definitely dig it though.

justintime
06-01-2005, 06:27 PM
Well so far your CD has been doing a great job as a coaster, so thanks for the hookup on that, my apartment is drink-ring free now! Yay!

Haha I like the feel on this one though, kinda Europeany maybe? It just has a different feel than on the last mixes...definitely dig it though.

Dave's a Europeany Weeny... :wink: :lol:

davemolina
06-01-2005, 06:28 PM
Dave's a Europeany Weeny... :wink: :lol:

**throws tomato at Justin for being insolent**

justintime
06-01-2005, 06:33 PM
:boo: