PDA

View Full Version : TS Exclusive Mix CD - 2007

TeknoSounds
02-11-2007, 06:45 AM
Hey DJs!

Its that time again... going to try for another Exclusive Mix cd so I'll have something to hand out to the masses when I happen to go out.

Heres the deal:
I'd like to have local djs submit to me some mixes that were put together exclusively for this cd...nothing special like requiring you to go out and buy all new tracks...but something thats demonstrative of you and your style, to help get YOUR name out there so that people will come back on here or your site and download your mixes.

Guidelines:

MP3 format - 160kbps max
30-60min time limit (doesn't have to be like exact...but pretty close)
Any genre
You'll need to provide a tracklist
DEADLINE - April 1st (So can start handing some out @ the April 20th show)Let me know when its completed and I can provide the upload details if you don't have them.

Last year the design was pretty slick...I'm using LightScribe cds (the ones where you 'burn' the label into the top of the cd).

Hoping to get a better response this go around... I went ahead and increased the time limit of the mix over last year since we didn't have that many djs that contributed. I know alot said they were interested but never came out with anything.... now alot of ya'll I really admire and would love to be able to host a mix, so please please contribute something!

SUPERKING
02-11-2007, 12:54 PM
right on ill make sure to motivate people to get on those mixes

Guy
02-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Do you want old or new mixes? I have the electro session and an old winter prog trance mix. I'm also working on a newer one which I'll forward to you.

TeknoSounds
02-11-2007, 06:15 PM
preferably something new which people haven't heard before :)

MarcSuarez
02-11-2007, 06:56 PM
what happened to that other TS compilation?

TeknoSounds
02-11-2007, 08:25 PM
i was able to make like 30 cds...handed them out at a party, I forget wich....MHTP5 I think...gonna upload an image of the cd here in a bit so people can download. I'm makin some more $ now so can buy more cds to hand out.

SUPERKING
02-12-2007, 08:59 AM
but now marc you can make a new mix for a new year

justintime
02-13-2007, 05:40 AM
You know I'm on this...

davemolina
02-13-2007, 06:07 AM
Would love to do this...hope I can get my act together and finish it.

Cindersadnb
02-13-2007, 04:04 PM
neway i can get our tunes and name out. now if i can get a certain someone to let me borrow a certain piece of equipment :P

Zild
02-13-2007, 04:14 PM
I'll send you the one I just did at the end of December.

Espre
02-13-2007, 11:51 PM
I made one for last years but I just never got around to uploading it with my busy work schedule. The last thing I wanted to do back then was get on the computer... lol But I'll whip something up and actually upload it this year. lol

TeknoSounds
02-14-2007, 05:07 AM
sounds good you all :) appreciate the interest!

Cindersadnb
02-14-2007, 12:09 PM
once i get my copy of Torq, Ill get something for ya mang

JustJoe
02-14-2007, 01:07 PM
I know I said it last time and didn't come through, but this time I'll have something for ya. I've been itching to record something different & this is the perfect outlet.

DizzySwoopes
02-14-2007, 01:57 PM
hmmm...i would like to participate in this as well...now that i have a ne laptop....i guess i better warn the new neighbors downstairs about how loud my speakers get....

TeknoSounds
02-14-2007, 06:07 PM
lemme know when you're done recording and I'll provide the ftp details for uploading :)

TeknoSounds
02-15-2007, 11:44 PM
updated the guidelines a bit...

also if I don't get many this time around I might just include last years with this cd as well.

mrmarkus
02-16-2007, 06:22 PM
wow, i'll upload u sumpin soon, having trouble with my lappie soundcard...i will post to let u know when i get things rolling again

SUPERKING
02-28-2007, 06:51 PM
hope nobody forgot about it

TeknoSounds
02-28-2007, 11:28 PM
start of March!!! Please start workin on getting them in please!!!

justintime
03-24-2007, 02:02 PM
I just finished a mix of my original productions and remixes. An album if you will. I shall upload tomorrow. Cheers. :cheese:

TeknoSounds
03-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Sad to say but only 2 submissions so far Superking's friend and Justintime...

I'm saddened :(

JustJoe
03-24-2007, 05:58 PM
I'll have one for you, yo. Still undecided on what style it'll be, but you'll have it by the deadline.

Quick question.....will you have them available for download or will they only be available on promo cds?

Zild
03-24-2007, 06:00 PM
I'm having a tough enough time completing my current obligations I'm going to have to put this on the backburner and see if I can get a round tuit.

TeknoSounds
03-24-2007, 06:07 PM
I'll have one for you, yo. Still undecided on what style it'll be, but you'll have it by the deadline.

Quick question.....will you have them available for download or will they only be available on promo cds?

Cool cool.

well right now if i don't get enough I won't put out a cd till I do (may do another one later in the year)

if thats the case I'll put them up for download and try to come up with somethin to get more involved...

tho would think free promotion would be enough :shrug:

I'm having a tough enough time completing my current obligations I'm going to have to put this on the backburner and see if I can get a round tuit.

sad to hear man, tho hope you can!

justintime
03-25-2007, 05:17 PM
You have a lot of mixes for Download on this site. Why not hand out a promo MP3 CD of the latest and most popular mixes available on the site?

TeknoSounds
03-25-2007, 11:27 PM
well originally here was the thought: have a cd to put a bunch of local artists music on...to try and get the most out of it this is best done in MP3 format. I'd made the 30min rule at the beginning becuase I thought there'd be a lot of interest in free promotion so I could fit as many of them onto the cd, and that 30min wasn't that hard of a mix to make for most djs. If you get a trance DJ thats like what....6 tracks? Most others 8-10 tracks (unless you're KDH who was getting like 17 in 30min) Didn't think that'd be that hard to throw together...just something representative of your style.

As for newest mixes...the majority of the latest ones are all from like 2 people...you and Randy heh. But definately an idea...once again tho, had hoped for more interest from the djs on this site.

justintime
03-26-2007, 06:04 AM
So DJs? What exactly is holding you back. There are dozens of you on this site and you're all unable or unwilling to make a 30 min mix? It doesn't make sense. If you're a DJ and you actually want to play out, why would you not let Nick promote you for free?

:asskick:

TeknoSounds
03-26-2007, 06:17 AM
inspirational! :D thx Justin

But yeah, this time around is anything from 30-60min

JustJoe
04-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Little late, but I uploaded a mix that Carlos (Scorpio) & I recorded last weekend. It's short, only about 10 tracks coming to a little less than 45 minutes. The 1st 4 are his and the last 6 are mine. We were gonna keep going, but had some technical difficulties and had to cut it short.

justintime
04-15-2007, 03:26 AM
Right On Joe.

One of these days Nick will have enough submissions to release this CD.
My mix is only 54 minutes. Nick's not asking for much guys.

JustJoe
04-15-2007, 04:53 AM
This one was just a random hang out session, so there's a few rough spots, but nothing unforgivable. The tracks I played on this one are some of my favorites, but I hadn't played them in a while. I'm gonna record a new mix either tomorrow or Monday that better represents the sound I've been digging lately.

AOS
04-16-2007, 11:13 AM
I got something I just did over the weekend. I need to EQ it and such. Might just end up hosting it here as exclusive to the site or something.

Sir Nasty
04-16-2007, 11:28 AM
Hey Nick, I have my latest mix in my signature.

Will this work for the TS Exclusive CD?

I can personaly give you a hard copy if you want.

TeknoSounds
04-17-2007, 05:26 AM
sorry to say but its late past my original deadline. No way to have anything ready by this weekend, much less with the like 4 mixes I received. I'm pretty saddened :( Guess none of ya'll really want free promotion after all.

I'll extend accepting mixes till end of June to have out for near the TS Anniversary...but if I don't get at least 10 more mixes I'm going to just make the tracks available via the web and not do the CD. No point in wasting my $.

@Chris, sure I'll accept it, however I'll have to convert it from your m4a to mp3...have a recommended program? That format is new to me :p

Sir Nasty
04-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Hmmmm, Im new to it myself. I used mydatabus.com for uploading. However it has its up and downs with Bandwith......