Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Would You Be Down???

1. #121 Re: Would You Be Down??? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Pryzm and myself were asked to write reviews for TS and I Know Sean and KDH do great jobs with reviews and paying close attention when listening to mixes as well. If the powers that be were gonna want DJs as judges I think us four would be good candidates. If we could make it out and or want to be judges.

Quote Originally Posted by zymote View Post
    While it pains me to do this, I have to say that I owe 512 and SMT an apology. Sorry guys - you were right, and I was wrong.

2. #122 Re: Would You Be Down??? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    I think Dave also has a good handle on some of the new progressive and darker house coming out as well.

I think another fun one would be a party where everyone switches flightcases/crates. I know it's been done, I'd like to see it in a larger format, mostly to see Molina playing jungle.

Quote Originally Posted by davemolina View Post
    I would say bring in your bassline around the 32 and kick in your vocal/main melody at 64. After that, fuck yourself for about 64 then repeat. Outro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zild View Post
    Gotta love the bragging about being in the scene for x amount of years and still getting absolutely nowhere.

3. #123 Re: Would You Be Down??? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by desantnik View Post
    I think another fun one would be a party where everyone switches flightcases/crates. I know it's been done, I'd like to see it in a larger format, mostly to see Molina playing jungle.
    No one would know a thing until the DJ starts playing his first track. The suspense would be fun.

F*ck it. If no one else does it we can do that at Dolce.

Matt Bonner Fan Club President

I used to be like that, before I learned how to be smooth around girls. You don’t go begging for kisses on the cheek like some schlubby pussy. You just gotta sock ‘em in the arm and go “Hey, does this rag smell like chloroform to you?” And then it’s Miller time. - Film Drunk

70% of the world is covered by water...the rest by Bruce Bowen.

4. #124 Re: Would You Be Down??? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads

I would say bring in your bassline around the 32 and kick in your vocal/main melody at 64. After that, fuck yourself for about 64 then repeat. Outro.
    Gotta love the bragging about being in the scene for x amount of years and still getting absolutely nowhere.

5. #125 Re: Would You Be Down??? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    F*ck it. If no one else does it we can do that at Dolce.
    Like what superking was talking about with the lightweight and heavyweight type battles. If you do it Dave maybe you doing it at Dolce would be like the port for SA djs to go battle the Austin djs.

While it pains me to do this, I have to say that I owe 512 and SMT an apology. Sorry guys - you were right, and I was wrong.

6. #126 Re: Would You Be Down??? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    SA DJs would take it!

7. #127 Re: Would You Be Down??? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
    Like what superking was talking about with the lightweight and heavyweight type battles. If you do it Dave maybe you doing it at Dolce would be like the port for SA djs to go battle the Austin djs.
    I think it would be fun, but we'd have to plan it well so peeps make it out. The last thing I need is no crowd and a bunch of hardass music.

I used to be like that, before I learned how to be smooth around girls. You don’t go begging for kisses on the cheek like some schlubby pussy. You just gotta sock ‘em in the arm and go “Hey, does this rag smell like chloroform to you?” And then it’s Miller time. - Film Drunk

8. #128 Re: Would You Be Down??? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it would be fun, but we'd have to plan it well so peeps make it out. The last thing I need is no crowd and a bunch of hardass music.

Dave don't worry I wont be playing (any of the battle type parties). Besides I was thinking along the line of the djs that you book already and that being a port for those styles. So you don't have to worry about the no crowd or scaring the crowd you worked hard to get.

9. #129 Re: Would You Be Down??? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    True, but I think it would be fun to incorporate you and some d&b fools.

10. #130 Re: Would You Be Down??? 
    SA DJs would take it!
    I beg To differ!!! Lol...

uh oh! Am I starting beef???

am i going to have to battle now? hahahahahaha

..... goodluck with all that "Battlegrounds" stuff!

I remember when everyone(including myself) was talking down on battlegrounds/Charms/Famine and how stupid it was and how they were poisoning the SA scene with that garbage and mentality...

Now! Why all of a sudden does everyone think its a good idea to bring that mentality here to Austin or any place for that matter??? Is this what we have to look forward to in our already "barely alive and kicking" scene in 2008'
    <Battles and bragging rights>

I'm not trying to diss on anyone or any crew! New ideas are always great for ways to bring back suspense in the scene but I just can't agree on this idea sorry! If it happens it happens/ if it dont then great New Ideas can be pushed forward on the drawing board!
    Last edited by AnomiChris; 01-02-2008 at 04:43 PM.
    FOR INFO INCLUDING: UPCOMING SHOWS / RELEASE DATES / MIXES / MUSIC OUTLETS / BIO / PROMO MATERIAL/ www.myspace.com/cortinasandwade

*Support Your Local Producers*
    Current Releases:
    Alien6-Afraid of Something (Cortinas & Wade Epic Funk Remix) PeakHour Music
    Tritonal Ft. Cristina Soto-Daybreak (Cortinas & Wade Remix) ColdHarbour Recordings
    L. Boogie-Disco Jackin (Cortinas & Wade Remix) Groovebaby Digital
    Dj Exodus-Superstar (Cortinas & Wade Remix) PeakHour Music
    Cortinas & Wade -You Got IT (Original Mix) Plush Recordings

11. #131 Re: Would You Be Down??? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    True, but I think it would be fun to incorporate you and some d&b fools.

Thank you Dave for being a friend and wanting me to be part of this, but I really don't want to scare any of your crowd off by playing something that may annoy them, you know. I've seen how hard you work to keep any of the weeklies you do. Like I told Cinder "Dave, Sean, and Andy have been the faint heartbeat of san antonio keeping the true underground alive while the market of our music has been dying." It's just my opinion and I'm sure there are some other names that could be added to that shortlist too, but I can't think of anyone else that's been at it longer.

12. #132 Re: Would You Be Down??? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    I think everyone has come to the conlusion that a "battle" atmosphere would definitely NOT work.

What we're talking about is having 8 or so DJs picking a name out of a hat and playing from the crate of the DJ they chose (ie. me playing Cinder's tracks...provided my hands don't melt when I touch them). No battle atmosphere, just a fun alternative to what's the norm.

13. #133 Re: Would You Be Down??? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TechnoOrSTFU PSN ID: TechnoOrSTFU
    Battles wouldn't work and I don't think I really wanna play anyone else's records

I'm down to tag w/ just about any techno dj out there or for a drunken master type thing
    Quote Originally Posted by DjExotic View Post
    BY THE WAY, I'M A DUDE AND I'M 23! NOT A TEENAGE GIRL! THE PICTURE OF THE EP IS MY FRIEND LILY AKA HAKU!JUST WANTED TO STRAIGHTED THAT OUT! ALL I AM TRYING TO DO IS TO PROMO MY MUSIC HERE IN TEXAS SINCE THEIR NO HARDHOUSE AND HARDCORE SCENE. AND VENOM LOVE TO COME TO AUSTIN BUT HAVING SECOUND THROUGHTS!
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPait View Post
    i ordered a fucking town car, fucking fagits wait until one inthe morning and they are like sorry sir, we dont want your money, your not welcome at the rave. there might be frolocks of pussy there but you cant have any,. then my fagit navy recruiter is playing on my cell phone fucking motherfucker thinks its cure to fuck people over.

14. #134 Re: Would You Be Down??? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
    Thank you Dave for being a friend and wanting me to be part of this, but I really don't want to scare any of your crowd off by playing something that may annoy them, you know. I've seen how hard you work to keep any of the weeklies you do. Like I told Cinder "Dave, Sean, and Andy have been the faint heartbeat of san antonio keeping the true underground alive while the market of our music has been dying." It's just my opinion and I'm sure there are some other names that could be added to that shortlist too, but I can't think of anyone else that's been at it longer.
    No thanks necessary. I sometimes wish the crowds would be bigger at times (60+), but the owner told me he would rather see 15 people there that give a crap about the music than a packed house of music he hates.

If its gonna happen in SA, its gonna happen at Salute or Dolce.

15. #135 Re: Would You Be Down??? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Gamer IDs

Good luck getting a date at Salute
    BY THE WAY, I'M A DUDE AND I'M 23! NOT A TEENAGE GIRL! THE PICTURE OF THE EP IS MY FRIEND LILY AKA HAKU!JUST WANTED TO STRAIGHTED THAT OUT! ALL I AM TRYING TO DO IS TO PROMO MY MUSIC HERE IN TEXAS SINCE THEIR NO HARDHOUSE AND HARDCORE SCENE. AND VENOM LOVE TO COME TO AUSTIN BUT HAVING SECOUND THROUGHTS!
    i ordered a fucking town car, fucking fagits wait until one inthe morning and they are like sorry sir, we dont want your money, your not welcome at the rave. there might be frolocks of pussy there but you cant have any,. then my fagit navy recruiter is playing on my cell phone fucking motherfucker thinks its cure to fuck people over.

16. #136 Re: Would You Be Down??? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJoe View Post
    Good luck getting a date at Salute
    Seriously...

I'm sure Azaneth would stick her neck out for us, but are the JDS shows really doing that well?

17. #137 Re: Would You Be Down??? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Gamer IDs

I never go, so I couldn't tell ya

I refuse to pay a cover at Salute

18. #138 Re: Would You Be Down??? 
    I think everyone has come to the conlusion that a "battle" atmosphere would definitely NOT work.

What we're talking about is having 8 or so DJs picking a name out of a hat and playing from the crate of the DJ they chose (ie. me playing Cinder's tracks...provided my hands don't melt when I touch them). No battle atmosphere, just a fun alternative to what's the norm.
    Nice! That sounds like fun hahahaa...Cinder playing Progressive what... what!!

Dave playing (Nosia - Exodus) would be moment of the year right there!!!
    FOR INFO INCLUDING: UPCOMING SHOWS / RELEASE DATES / MIXES / MUSIC OUTLETS / BIO / PROMO MATERIAL/ www.myspace.com/cortinasandwade

*Support Your Local Producers*
    Current Releases:
    Alien6-Afraid of Something (Cortinas & Wade Epic Funk Remix) PeakHour Music
    Tritonal Ft. Cristina Soto-Daybreak (Cortinas & Wade Remix) ColdHarbour Recordings
    L. Boogie-Disco Jackin (Cortinas & Wade Remix) Groovebaby Digital
    Dj Exodus-Superstar (Cortinas & Wade Remix) PeakHour Music
    Cortinas & Wade -You Got IT (Original Mix) Plush Recordings

19. #139 Re: Would You Be Down??? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJoe View Post
    Battles wouldn't work and I don't think I really wanna play anyone else's records
    **pictures Joe knocking someones laptop off the table ala Mom's Meatloaf**

Last edited by davemolina; 01-02-2008 at 05:13 PM.

20. #140 Re: Would You Be Down??? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Anominiss View Post

I remember when everyone(including myself) was talking down on battlegrounds/Charms/Famine and how stupid it was and how they were poisoning the SA scene with that garbage and mentality...

Now! Why all of a sudden does everyone think its a good idea to bring that mentality here to Austin or any place for that matter??? Is this what we have to look forward to in our already "barely alive and kicking" scene in 2008'
    <Battles and bragging rights>

I'm not trying to diss on anyone or any crew! New ideas are always great for ways to bring back suspense in the scene but I just can't agree on this idea sorry! If it happens it happens/ if it dont then great New Ideas can be pushed forward on the drawing board!

I remember that too Anominiss in fact I was one of the many that think that way, but the reasons we thought that were.
    1. These were up incomer DJs with huge egos thinking they were playing cutting edge dance music. (sorry IIO, or Darude is not cutting edge)
    2. We knew the party was one sided due to the lack of free speech on the message board they were using. (Like how Charms would go and delete everything you posted or edit it to try and make everyone look stupid)
    3. The disillusion of the DJs playing the parties saying they played all these parties but in reality they were nothing but house parties. These DJs never have and I still haven't seen any of those DJs playing the circuit we are play at.
    4. It was just a bunch of middle school and high school kids acting like big shots because "Rave" was the things to do. You saw towards the end of it's run how they started adding radio shit-hop into the parties.

Come on Anominiss you should know better then it turning into a charms event. And if you think it is then speak up express your opinion and concerns but just don't make them vague. Like replying with, "I feel it's gonna be like this because it is." give a reason and speak from the heart dude.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast