Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ya'll hear about Candy Mountain??

1. #1 Ya'll hear about Candy Mountain?? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: scerion PSN ID: TeknoSounds Steam ID: TeknoSounds
    Some reviews and pics I've found...might've been an interesting time heh.

Quote Originally Posted by BADDCOMPLEX
    Edit: sorry, I only have 125 pics and some of them didn't come out to well. I really need to get a better camera.

:eek2: WHAT A NIGHT. :eek2:

I was there about 10:30ish and had to wait in line for about 30 mins. I think over 3000 people come to this event? They jam packed that place full of people.

I wasn't to happy about the place the event was at. There was two large steel buildings and then a house turn into a club with lots of chill rooms. The rest of the area was a huge yard. I think it used to be a steel yard at one time. The place is called Afterlife. I thought it was a total dump but the party was off the hook.

Like half the place was rollin hard core. I never seen so many e-tards in years.
    The etards took over the strawberry shortcake moonwake and turned it into a loveshack. No one was aloud to jump in it. Pissed me off. I wanted to jump in the moonwalk.

They had this girl there selling Cotton Candy for a $1! I had like 4 of those things. That shit was good.

They did have people getting married there.

The Happy hardcore building was SICK!
    At one point they had the fire dancers inside the building doin their thing and it was hot as hell in there. The DJs were throwin down badass track after track.

The House/club had this one black light room with all this neon graffiti all over the walls, it looked awesome. I spent a lot of time in there talking with all the people that were paintin themselves up with neon markers. They had the Dubstep room right off of that room. They play some good tracks in there and I'm not even a dubstep fan.

The Trace building never really got my attention. But they did play Hardcore in there for an hour and I thought that was kinda cool. Since I have only seen DJ venom spin hardcore before. Sno White also played in that building but I didn't care for her set.

About 2:30 was when the Swat rolled up and shut the party down. I was in the Happy Hardcore building at the time. They come in yelling, wearin all black with big fuckin guns, tellin us to get down on the floor and don't move. It freaked me out. I was so scared, this never happened to me. When a Houston party got busted they shut it down and made everybody leave. The dallas swat kept us there for like 40+ mins. and bustin people that did drugs. The girl next to me was so fucked up and about to piss herself.
    They made everybody go out into the big yard and sit there, while a helicopter flew over us and was shinein a light on everyone. They said they were there checking the occupancy of the place but I think they were really there to shut the party down
    and bust people.

One of the guys that was sittin next to me on the ground outside told me that the cops have been bustin this place a lot more ever since it was on the news. He said the news stations called it a crackhouse.

I can see why.
    atleast 1500 ravers rollin balls.

When we finally got to leave, they made each of us get checked out with a cop first. They had this long line of busted ravers sitting on the ground as i passed to go see one of the cops.

He asked me if I was on anything or drinking and he had one of these breathalyzer things. I told him no i wasn't. I party sober. He kept lookin at me in my eyes. I didn't know what he was trying to see. But I really was 100% sober. so he said I could go without giving me a so breathalyer test, but he did check my pulse, which I thought was kinda weird but I never had to deal with any of this before so I don't know.

It was a fun party, well until it got busted.
    I don't think I'll go back to that place in this lifetime.
    Quote Originally Posted by _DeX_
    haha my friends Lisa,and Kelly went...

Here's what Lisa had to say in her myspace bulliten:

" Date: Apr 6, 2008 3:50 AM
    Subject: FUCKING AWESOME SHIT!!
    Body: So this CANDY MOUNTAIN party got busted. Cops came in yelling everyone hit the ground and hands where the cops could see them. Its freaking cold and I am half naked wearing Dane (i got it for my b-day, didnt find it appropriate to ask the cops if they knew wtf i was wearing :P). It seemed like an eternity. All i could wonder is how many ppl ate all their stuff and how many people are going for a stomach pump.

What I didnt realize was how much the cops were already watching Afterlife.

Guns, choppers w/bright lights, and face masks!! AWESOME!!
    As the party is concerned It was hella awesome. There was a strawberry short cake moon walk!! inevitably it turned into a giant cuddle puddle , damn ravers.

Im cool I made it out fine.

I had a FUCKING KILLER TIME!!

<3
    Sporkerella!! "
    Pics:
    http://www.dallasdancemusic.com/phot...0/ppuser/15070

www.dontstayin.com

www.myspace.com/dj_omg

2. #2 Re: Ya'll hear about Candy Mountain?? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    funny stuff, we've been dealing with things of this nature in houston for years, they shut our shit down in 2001. now its mainly bars that we have our shows, a few crews throw warehouse parties here, kaos, purrin lion, and a few others i'm too tired to name
    Smokin' out throwin' up
    Putting dick up in your slut
    - Pimp C

3. #3 Re: Ya'll hear about Candy Mountain?? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Gamer IDs

pretty much the same here in austin. After Asylum shut down (2002?) there was nothing as far as warehouses or outside venues till we got the J.Lorraine Ghost Ranch around 2005. All the events have been thrown at clubs for the most part. Its only been about a year we got the two warehouses we have now...tho now one has been shut down.

I've yet to actually have gone to a party that was shut down by the cops...would be an interesting experience, tho not sure I really want it heh.

4. #4 Re: Ya'll hear about Candy Mountain?? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TeknoSounds View Post

I've yet to actually have gone to a party that was shut down by the cops...would be an interesting experience, tho not sure I really want it heh.
    i haven't either, but then again i only stayed till the end of parties back in the day(when they weren't getting popped) now I'm usually gone by 4 am. Alcohol and herb will not let ya function past that and I dont fuck with dope or x anymore so meh, i'm home and in bed usually by sun up.
    Smokin' out throwin' up
    - Pimp C

5. #5 Re: Ya'll hear about Candy Mountain?? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    i was doing visuals in the trance room, hangin out with Seshmarls (sup muh, hit me back). Like ten stormtroopers with better costumes then DSR come rollin in blazin machine guns. they forced us all on our bellys for a few screamin at us and shit. I dunno if anybody saw the video right before they had me cut them off, but (and if you know our sets, i fly alot of riot stuff).

LULZ, Me and Archangel rickrolled the trance room a few times.

Kaos left his glass hangin out on my decks all right and like six UC's and stormtroopers checked out my rig and every one of em missed that. i guess too many blinking lights and computers, they must have been stupified by awsome vj powers. i stashed my shit in a couch and even got it back right under their fucking noses when they finally let me break down.

The party was bangin bangin bangin, and the raid was awesome. I love having machine guns pointed at me. 3000 candy ass ravers in a dirty ass tractor trailor lot. Me and Kaos went on a floor fishing trip after the stormtroopers went for doughnuts, we found all kinds a good candy shit. The good news: nobody got beat down and nobody in my click got pinched. the bad news: Protohippy lost his sack in a couch tossing contest and no YUCK FOO!!! good thing those drug addicts in the body armor didn't bogart my stash or try to take my man pussy while they had us on the floor.

6. #6 Re: Ya'll hear about Candy Mountain?? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    fuck Candy Mountain!

Quote Originally Posted by anjlkllr View Post
    Sounds more like your pet crew Area 512 who just so happens to fit this category. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure that Steven (which, btw kids isn't even his real name) and all his little cohorts are the exact definition of the Crackhouse Law.
    Quote Originally Posted by mandapanda View Post
    i dunnno about ya'll but i would love to get jizzed on by jesus LOL!!! oh man, i cant believe i said that...... oh god.......

7. #7 Re: Ya'll hear about Candy Mountain?? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus F. Christ View Post
    fuck Candy Mountain!
    so let it be written, so let it be law
    Smokin' out throwin' up
    - Pimp C

8. #8 Re: Ya'll hear about Candy Mountain?? 
    great concept and all, not too sure what marraige had to do with a big ass party.

sounds like Afterlife is done for good then huh?

Thats what happens when you let crackheads and dealers run all over your spot..
    Thank you for all your Support!

Good Bye!

9. #9 Re: Ya'll hear about Candy Mountain?? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds more like your pet crew Area 512 who just so happens to fit this category. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure that Steven (which, btw kids isn't even his real name) and all his little cohorts are the exact definition of the Crackhouse Law.
    i dunnno about ya'll but i would love to get jizzed on by jesus LOL!!! oh man, i cant believe i said that...... oh god.......

10. #10 Re: Ya'll hear about Candy Mountain?? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    don't count them out just yet. they've been raided 3 times in the past and always bounce back. there's a city councilman from their district who's fired up and trying to make stink. the cops were actually cool after they got the situation under control. i mean no riots, no beat downs, just a few arrests comparatively... you had to be totally tarded to get pinched. They said they were there on code violations. the place was way packed so i see a fire marshal shutting them down. but considering the fox news undercover special a month ago, coinciding with the flyer, i heard somebody sold to a UC, the parking lot was way over crowded and the line was massive. this was a perfect opportunity for them to raid and i'm really surprised there was no crew from fox there to cover it.

11. #11 Re: Ya'll hear about Candy Mountain?? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by +10hitpoints View Post
    you had to be totally tarded to get pinched. They said they were there on code violations. the place was way packed so i see a fire marshal shutting them down. but considering the fox news undercover special a month ago, coinciding with the flyer, i heard somebody sold to a UC, the parking lot was way over crowded and the line was massive. this was a perfect opportunity for them to raid and i'm really surprised there was no crew from fox there to cover it.
    yep yep with the parents that hate it(raves, parties, drugs, kids, whatever) pressuring the councilmen to act and the councilmen more then likely needing to be re-elected in November. Then him pressuring the police to hunt and knock down that venue since it maybe an easier venue to go after and the flyer just being an open invention for why we don't see flyers like that anymore they had to hit it like they did.

Quote Originally Posted by zymote View Post
    While it pains me to do this, I have to say that I owe 512 and SMT an apology. Sorry guys - you were right, and I was wrong.

12. #12 Re: Ya'll hear about Candy Mountain?? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    See it just sucks that everyone never got a taste of actual aggression hardcore since DJ Cik didn't get to play. Also sucks that Cik was pretty steamed about it. Don't worry bro you'll get your shine here I'm tellin' ya.

Also Badcomplex it wasn't hardcore you heard in the trance area. It was hardstyle. Which is pretty gay in it's self. But Poss skills were very good.

"originally Posted by BADDCOMPLEX

The Happy hardcore building was SICK!
    At one point they had the fire dancers inside the building doin their thing and it was hot as hell in there. The DJs were throwin down badass track after track.

The Trace building never really got my attention. But they did play Hardcore in there for an hour and I thought that was kinda cool. Since I have only seen DJ venom spin hardcore before. Sno White also played in that building but I didn't care for her set."

Quote Originally Posted by zymote View Post
    While it pains me to do this, I have to say that I owe 512 and SMT an apology. Sorry guys - you were right, and I was wrong.

13. #13 Re: Ya'll hear about Candy Mountain?? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    In your opinion Randy, did they play any real hardcore at that party.
    Or was Cik the only light there, and the rest of it was just happycore, hardstyle bullshit?

14. #14 Re: Ya'll hear about Candy Mountain?? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Gamer IDs

heh but Badcomplex doesn't post over here... that post was taken from HoustonBeats.

15. #15 Re: Ya'll hear about Candy Mountain?? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TeknoSounds View Post
    heh but Badcomplex doesn't post over here... that post was taken from HoustonBeats.
    lol, he is a joke/douche on hbeats lmao, but he was there sooooooo i dont know what I'm sayin
    Smokin' out throwin' up
    - Pimp C

16. #16 Re: Ya'll hear about Candy Mountain?? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Man I'm glad I didn't go. It looks like fun, but I'm not down with a fucking raid.

Alpha Rhythms // Bass Candy // TreeHouse Tribe

Sponsored by Prohibition

www.neonemu.com
    youtube.com/neonemu

17. #17 Re: Ya'll hear about Candy Mountain?? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by smtproductions View Post
    great concept and all, not too sure what marraige had to do with a big ass party.

sounds like Afterlife is done for good then huh?

Thats what happens when you let crackheads and dealers run all over your spot..
    Here's a quote from the guy who manages the club, in a myspace bulletin. he don't sound too worried since he's been through it before and knows exactly how much trouble the club is up against.

"...
    Was too much!!!!!!!!!!!! Great party.

Great "Bust" lol.. Great crowd.. Great vibes

If you didnt go, you missed out!
    ..."

18. #18 Re: Ya'll hear about Candy Mountain?? 
    Mark(owner) of Afterlife will care when noone wants to throw these things at his venue any longer. Whatever though, the scene sucks balls any how. I see electronic music more and more as a travesty upon music in general. Talentless compression of rehashed sounds, and nothing new more than a software trick here or there. A total scam.

19. #19 Re: Ya'll hear about Candy Mountain?? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    See the kind of negativity Candy Mountain brings!

20. #20 Re: Ya'll hear about Candy Mountain?? 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Mark cares, i know that well. The man has done time for this in the past and the club re-opened. Kaos told me he saw Mark after the party and didn't look too happy, but the important news there is: he was not arrested this time around. Plenty of people have, do and will want to book shows there. We (dIRTYsOUTrAVERS) are booked there out into october. The actual reason the stormtropers came to the party was to check out all the cool code violations, drug sweeping was secondary objective. Almost everyone there had a good time while the raid was happening, though I doubt anybody would say they weren't scare for a minute or two.

Now about your feelings regarding the repetative blops and pleeps.... may i suggest:
    ClassicRock
    Sometimes i just dail the radio to an empty channel and crank it as loud as i can
    Shoving pencils in your ears
    Reggaton
    Switching back from Decaf
    Go to a party, get wasted, have fun, make some new buddies, get a machine gun pointed at your head, have more fun, go to breakfast with good friends, blaze more of the nugs you snuck past the law, hop on the boards and say "FUCK ALL Y'ALL, THAT SHIT WAS FUN!!!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast