Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: flipside 09

1. #41 Re: flipside 09 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tha_architect View Post
    yes absolutely i have been to these events. including burning flipside, burning man, and several rainbow gatherings. like i said i was underground before underground was the "cool thing to do" my first parties 11 years ago were goa and psytrance parties in the mountains surrounding seattle. i would take a big clearing inthe middle of the woods and draw maps and we'd party on random parcells of land till 10 AM. till me and psy community grew out of touch. probably somewhere around the time i stopped taking acid.
    but all through the experience and even now i've always been tolerant to the "neo hippies" recently they have begun to bug me more. probably because back around the time we were doing it. there was at least a resemblance of the 70's since we were first generation hippies children. now there are second and third gneration hippy children and they have no idea what they are talking about. they have adopted thier own sets of rules, like a split up genre of EDM music.
    Take house music for example: it was JUST HOUSE MUSIC. now it's fidget, electro, hard, UK, garage, BLAH BLAH BLAH> and no matter which one you listen to if you are an advocate for it or a dj for it. your style is the best and those other styles are lame, played out, not "real house"........
    same sitiuations with thse hippies. there are too many different countercultures who all think theres is the best.. when none of them are the original.

so yes i am annoyed at the new age hippies. forseveral reasons all of which is have experienced first hand in recent time.
    i couldn't agree with you more...it's funny how 'hippies' these days (especially those who CALL themselves hippies specifically) who make a point to show how 'tolerant' and 'laidback' they are are often the most high-strung, intolerant, sons of bitches i have ever met. i don't care what anyone says, i will continue to be an intolerant, close-minded, person, and enjoy it.

and on that note...it's amazing how much people spend at burning man. i went for the first time last year and the only way i could afford to go was to apply for a scholarship ticket and on top of that have a friend help me out with other financial costs. seems like for a lot of the people that go that they make enough money so it's not a big deal, some of the people in my camp spent a TON on just silly amenities. i plan on going again, but it sucks that i don't have a high-paying technology industry job to help make it more comfortable.
    "no rookies, no strays, no dropouts, no gays/no lefties, no loonies, no opinions, no way/no thinkers, no teachers, no teachers, no facts, no freaks/no skaters, no tweekers, no truth, no sleep...we want your soul"
    heathen child of the accidental tribe

Quote Originally Posted by maki (of BR) View Post
    If you wanna be taken more seriously as a musical artist you're gonna have to put way more of a donk on it.

2. #42 Re: flipside 09 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyG View Post
    As far as vegan hippies go I plan on bringing 60 lbs. of brisket to smoke as well as at least 40lbs of shrimp. Hell I might even smoke a hippie if I can find one young and tender enough to cook.MattyG <---whose family used to be in the bbq biz
    Matty, you do always bring along a nice lookin' piece of meat.

3. #43 Re: flipside 09 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks princess!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123