Thread: Looking for a good MP3

1. #1 Looking for a good MP3 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: JT-High Steam ID: 76561197960832403
    I had a Memorex 1 gig MP3 player that I used for almost 2 years. Finally died on me on my way to the gym today. Sucks because this means a need to get a new one. Bright side, my b-day is this month. I'm wondering what is a good MP3 player to get? I'm trying to stay away from the iPods because although you can get apps for the iPod touch, I wouldn't use them. I'm also anti mac so no iPod suggestions please. What other MP3 players do people use out there that y'all would probably recommend?
    MIA Texas
    Add me on FaceBook
    Click here to download my mixes.
    Bass Sessions W/ JT.High EDJ Radio Mondays @ 2pm - 4pm Central. Keep It Locked!!

2. #2 Re: Looking for a good MP3 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: scerion PSN ID: TeknoSounds Steam ID: TeknoSounds
    ipod yo.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

j/k umm the Zune is pretty popular.

Basically I would go for anything that has a decent display, light, long battery life, high capacity storage with removable storage card.

3. #3 Re: Looking for a good MP3 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Gamer IDs

Yah was just looking at the Zune. Looks like it's can compete with the iPod toe to toe. Minus you can't use Pandora radio though. Although I couldn't use Pandora radio in the car anyways seeing that it has to use wifi.
    MIA Texas
    Add me on FaceBook
    Bass Sessions W/ JT.High EDJ Radio Mondays @ 2pm - 4pm Central. Keep It Locked!!

4. #4 Re: Looking for a good MP3 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    saying you're "anti mac" is fucking stupid. why would you be against great devices?

Having owned a Zune, I'd steer clear of them. The software to manage your mp3s (yeah, you have to use software) is super clunky and the devices themselves are prone to failure (not just mine, lots of stores on the Zune support forums).

Doesn't your cell phone play mp3s?
    http://soundcloud.com/Wyld-Stallyns
    http://twitter.com/_WyldStallyns

I can't believe you did it. I was teasing. I loved you. Course, I was coming up here to kill ya...

5. #5 Re: Looking for a good MP3 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Wyld Stallyns View Post
    saying you're "anti mac" is fucking stupid. why would you be against great devices?

Having owned a Zune, I'd steer clear of them. The software to manage your mp3s (yeah, you have to use software) is super clunky and the devices themselves are prone to failure (not just mine, lots of stores on the Zune support forums).

Doesn't your cell phone play mp3s?
    Yes it does but you need a special adapter just to listen to the music. No headphone input. I'm actually thinking about upgrading my phone since I have the option with my phone provider for real cheap.

I can say I'm anti mac because I think mac's products are over priced for what they do. It's a matter of opinion and it's my opinion. Just sayin.
    MIA Texas
    Add me on FaceBook

6. #6 Re: Looking for a good MP3 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JT.High View Post
    Yes it does but you need a special adapter just to listen to the music. No headphone input. I'm actually thinking about upgrading my phone since I have the option with my phone provider for real cheap.

I can say I'm anti mac because I think mac's products are over priced for what they do. It's a matter of opinion and it's my opinion. Just sayin.
    adapters are cheap and plentiful.

as for Macs being "over priced for what they do", they aren't. If you price a similarly speced PC that has the same performance benchmarks it will cost the same or more (probably more) as the Mac counterpart.

The "over priced for what they do" stigma that the computer ignorant try to bring up comes from there not being a entry level Mac device. They're ALL premium/high end devices. Yeah you can get a Dell laptop for $600 while the cheapest Apple laptop is $999, but that Apple laptop is WAAAAAAY superior to that $600 Dell, it's also superior to all the $1000 Dell laptops. You get what you pay for and while you do pay a lot for an Apple product, you get a lot for that money.
    http://soundcloud.com/Wyld-Stallyns
    http://twitter.com/_WyldStallyns

I can't believe you did it. I was teasing. I loved you. Course, I was coming up here to kill ya...

7. #7 Re: Looking for a good MP3 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Gamer IDs

Regardless, they are still over priced for my taste. The MP3 player I had cost me $10 and did everything I wanted it to do. At the time, iPod's were 3 - 4 times that (technically they still are). I bought a Dell laptop for $600 and it does everything I need it to do and I built my pc for $500 and I can still play the newest games coming out now. I'm a PC person and I'm sticking to it.

I've been looking at the HTC Inspire phone as an upgrade to my now Xenon by LG. I know this topic is going from MP3 to phone device but doesn't mean I'm still not wondering.
    MIA Texas
    Add me on FaceBook

8. #8 Re: Looking for a good MP3 

9. #9 Re: Looking for a good MP3 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by AgentLovely View Post
    lol
    MIA Texas
    Add me on FaceBook

10. #10 Re: Looking for a good MP3 
    IPhone 4

11. #11 Re: Looking for a good MP3 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    goto frys and look at the mp3 section.. i have a 32gig one that is about 2"x"2 that also acts as a usb stick, and was less then 40$. works and sounds fine. it recharges itself via usb.

12. #12 Re: Looking for a good MP3 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by kdh View Post
    goto frys and look at the mp3 section.. i have a 32gig one that is about 2"x"2 that also acts as a usb stick, and was less then 40$. works and sounds fine. it recharges itself via usb.
    Sounds good.
    MIA Texas
    Add me on FaceBook

13. #13 Re: Looking for a good MP3 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    anything creative, i've had a older model creative 30 gig zen that is awesomeness squared, super easy to fuck with and great quality and it has taken a beating like no apple device could ever had taken. ya definitely creative for the win!
    Smokin' out throwin' up
    Putting dick up in your slut
    - Pimp C

14. #14 Re: Looking for a good MP3 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyld Stallyns View Post
    adapters are cheap and plentiful.

as for Macs being "over priced for what they do", they aren't. If you price a similarly speced PC that has the same performance benchmarks it will cost the same or more (probably more) as the Mac counterpart.

The "over priced for what they do" stigma that the computer ignorant try to bring up comes from there not being a entry level Mac device. They're ALL premium/high end devices. Yeah you can get a Dell laptop for $600 while the cheapest Apple laptop is $999, but that Apple laptop is WAAAAAAY superior to that $600 Dell, it's also superior to all the $1000 Dell laptops. You get what you pay for and while you do pay a lot for an Apple product, you get a lot for that money.
    macs only have a 1 button mouse.

if im paying that much.. i want a 2 button mouse. that in itself makes them suck.

har har har har har.

15. #15 Re: Looking for a good MP3 
    DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Gamer IDs

lol
    MIA Texas
    Add me on FaceBook