Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Numark DXM06 Mixer any good?

1. #1 Numark DXM06 Mixer any good? 
    Just wondering if this would be a good mixer to invest in? I have an offer from this guy for like $150 with a warranty or less with out the warranty. Feed back appreciated.

Click image to view my myspace.

Movies on image:
    it's all gone PETE TONG, 24 Hour Party People, GROOVE, Human Traffic, Trainspotting, Better Living Through Circuitry.
    Click on image to enter Ishkur's Guide to Electronic Music.

DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    I got a friend that bought one new, and the fx fucked up in like 7 months. besides that the mixer functions have held up.

get a kaos pad... or a 600 if you are interested in fx.

DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    It'd be good if you needed a bed pan or a litter box.. but not for playing music through or mixing.. I powerfully dislike Numarks.. If you want a good inexpensive mixer I suggest a Gemini.. They're not the best, but it's a good, solid, durrable machine for an affordable price. You can beat the hell out of em, great for beginning.. I would totally stear clear of Numarks and Behringers..

*Remembers Molina pitching his Numark in the mud at Smile.. just to make room in the trunk*

Quote Originally Posted by Tremor
    *Remembers Molina pitching his Numark in the mud at Smile.. just to make room in the trunk*
    lol. That's great stuff. I think I missed smile. I wanted to go. Was that the one when it was all muddy and rainy??

So I should steer clear of the Marks and Ringers. Gotcha. Cause all they do is leave you marks and ringing ears. lol j/k NOT!!! ment to be funny.

Movies on image:
    it's all gone PETE TONG, 24 Hour Party People, GROOVE, Human Traffic, Trainspotting, Better Living Through Circuitry.

DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd personally go with Stanton on a budget...

Matt Bonner Fan Club President

I used to be like that, before I learned how to be smooth around girls. You don’t go begging for kisses on the cheek like some schlubby pussy. You just gotta sock ‘em in the arm and go “Hey, does this rag smell like chloroform to you?” And then it’s Miller time. - Film Drunk

70% of the world is covered by water...the rest by Bruce Bowen.

i like the effects processor on that mixer....shame everything else about numark mixers is garbage....i'm with tremor.....if you want something affordable get a gemini....i rocked out on a gemini until just recently when i found my pioneer at da pawn shop.....also, i'm not sure if it's still up for grabs, but i know alevy8 was tryin' to sell his 300 awhile back....effects are overrated anyways.....
    :devilfire: "It has become appallingly clear that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -albert einstein :devilfire:

what if our cars started changing gears for us? that would really be cheating!

So the 300, is it a Gemini?? Sorry I sound dumb to yall. lol

Hey also I found this really good site that's been helping me out a bit.
    Click Here: Top Gear

Movies on image:

DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TechnoOrSTFU PSN ID: TechnoOrSTFU
    It's a Pioneer DJM300. Not a bad little mixer.....
    Quote Originally Posted by DjExotic View Post
    BY THE WAY, I'M A DUDE AND I'M 23! NOT A TEENAGE GIRL! THE PICTURE OF THE EP IS MY FRIEND LILY AKA HAKU!JUST WANTED TO STRAIGHTED THAT OUT! ALL I AM TRYING TO DO IS TO PROMO MY MUSIC HERE IN TEXAS SINCE THEIR NO HARDHOUSE AND HARDCORE SCENE. AND VENOM LOVE TO COME TO AUSTIN BUT HAVING SECOUND THROUGHTS!
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPait View Post
    i ordered a fucking town car, fucking fagits wait until one inthe morning and they are like sorry sir, we dont want your money, your not welcome at the rave. there might be frolocks of pussy there but you cant have any,. then my fagit navy recruiter is playing on my cell phone fucking motherfucker thinks its cure to fuck people over.

DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Its a good little 2-channel mixer, but about x2 more than what you were planning on spending.

Best advice: find someone selling their crap mixer.

Matt Bonner Fan Club President

I used to be like that, before I learned how to be smooth around girls. You don’t go begging for kisses on the cheek like some schlubby pussy. You just gotta sock ‘em in the arm and go “Hey, does this rag smell like chloroform to you?” And then it’s Miller time. - Film Drunk

70% of the world is covered by water...the rest by Bruce Bowen.

DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DJPowder1200
    alevy8 was tryin' to sell his 300 awhile back
    BY THE WAY, I'M A DUDE AND I'M 23! NOT A TEENAGE GIRL! THE PICTURE OF THE EP IS MY FRIEND LILY AKA HAKU!JUST WANTED TO STRAIGHTED THAT OUT! ALL I AM TRYING TO DO IS TO PROMO MY MUSIC HERE IN TEXAS SINCE THEIR NO HARDHOUSE AND HARDCORE SCENE. AND VENOM LOVE TO COME TO AUSTIN BUT HAVING SECOUND THROUGHTS!
    i ordered a fucking town car, fucking fagits wait until one inthe morning and they are like sorry sir, we dont want your money, your not welcome at the rave. there might be frolocks of pussy there but you cant have any,. then my fagit navy recruiter is playing on my cell phone fucking motherfucker thinks its cure to fuck people over.

Quote Originally Posted by Tremor
    It'd be good if you needed a bed pan or a litter box.. but not for playing music through or mixing.. I powerfully dislike Numarks.. If you want a good inexpensive mixer I suggest a Gemini.. They're not the best, but it's a good, solid, durrable machine for an affordable price. You can beat the hell out of em, great for beginning.. I would totally stear clear of Numarks and Behringers..

x2 on numark mixers, i despise them!!!!! my friend had that fully digital black one with a built in eq to manual filter effect, and he had it not even a year and it messed up

I wish I had this kind of equipment...
    Best I could probably do is the headphones...lol

Hardware
    Apple G5 Dual 1.8 GHz processor
    2 flatscreens 19''
    Evolution MK 449C

Software
    Emagic Logic Pro 6.4
    Logic Pro 7
    Reason 2.5

Soundcard
    M-Audio FireWire 410

Monitoring
    Mackie HR 624

DJ Booth2
    Technics SL1200
    Pioneer CDJ-600
    JBL LX 1000
    2 Pioneer CDJ-1000MK2
    Technics Headphone 1210[/u]

Movies on image:

i have a firewire 410, soundcard rocks because its firewire! and portable. you can take it with a laptop and record a set live anywhere!

i actually bought those headphones....i didn't like 'em....took 'em back that same day and traded 'em for yet another pair of sony 700s (which, by the way, were ten bucks cheaper)
    :devilfire: "It has become appallingly clear that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -albert einstein :devilfire:

what if our cars started changing gears for us? that would really be cheating!

DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Josue
    lol. That's great stuff. I think I missed smile. I wanted to go. Was that the one when it was all muddy and rainy??
    Yeah, that's the one.. Twas a good party till god opened up his vengance.. lol.

Yep that's the one. I'm kinda glad at the end I didn't show up. lol So just wondering if any of yall ever have any practice sessions to give each other tips.?? I wouldn't mind showing up. FEED THE INFO.

Movies on image:

DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    The guys at Rev Room on Thursdays use that DXM06. Seems to be holding up alright but I would definitely recommend something else like a Stanton or Pioneer for the durability.

Quote Originally Posted by davemolina View Post
    I would say bring in your bassline around the 32 and kick in your vocal/main melody at 64. After that, fuck yourself for about 64 then repeat. Outro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zild View Post
    Gotta love the bragging about being in the scene for x amount of years and still getting absolutely nowhere.

DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: uberOMG PSN ID: Auralyze
    i own that DXM06 mixer... and out of all the Numarks over the years i have tried its the most solid and durable. I have seriously abused mine and it works just like the day i got it (a year ago). I scratch on it constantly and the fader is still original. With past numark mixers i could blow the fader in a week with a lot of scratching. I use the effects constantly as well with no problems. The sound quality on it is what i really like though, since today is turning mostly to CD and other digital formats. The mixer has 24-bit DA converters and when playing cds or mp3s it sound alot more crisp than my old DJM-500 did. I really have no complaint whatsoever with it...
    -Jeff Espre

Visit me on SoundCloud!
    www.espremusic.com

DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Its a pretty good mixer for the price, I've had mine since december. The only thing that is different is the way the effects are used, like how the pioneer mixer where you press the orange button to start the effect. Well in this mixer the green button sets the tempo of the effect, while the knob to the left sets the intensity. Then finally the knob to the left of that sets the frequencey. It pretty much gives you a warmer feel to the effects, like the Flanger. You can bring the intensity down as fast or as slow as you want it to. 150 is a good price
    <<<<<<<<btw new avatar

DJ Mix Downloads
    Uploads
    Gamer IDs

River City Ransom PWNS!!!!!!

8)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast